what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Progressed with my interior; did more sound deadening. Installed new material on headliner frame, but didn't install yet as the rear slider I just installed LEAKS :rant: :wall: Trying to plug the leaks for now with some silicone, but in the end I might just go to a shop and have it redone :wall:

I did, however, get around to working on, and finishing my overhead consol jamminz.gif I cut it down to MJ size, re-shaped the frame to fit the MJ headliner, re-wired the lights to function like the rears from the XJ did (to function as both map lights, and dome lights for when the doors are opened) and finally re-covered it in material :D After long debate, I decided to keep the OEM keyless entry, even though I plan on an aftermarket with remote start, its just nice to have the option if I ever feel it be neccesary

Then a quick plug in, AND EVERYTHING FUNCTIONS PROPERLY!!! :D :D

:cheers:

-James

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fs1: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :wall: :wall: :wall:

i CANNOT get the wheel axleshafts unbolted from the wheel bearings on the old axle I just pulled from my bro's old truck, and I cannot get the driveshafts out of the wheel bearings from the "new" axle.

I need to put new ujoints in, but want to clean them up...and it's easier to do that with the wheel bearings off. I also have no idea how good any of the wheel bearings are.

I've tried every method I can short of torching the nut off (I did heat the nut though), and I'm using a 6' long, 3/4" breaker bar with a 4' pry bar....there's no way these things should not be coming apart.

grrrr

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fs1: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :wall: :wall: :wall:

i CANNOT get the wheel axleshafts unbolted from the wheel bearings on the old axle I just pulled from my bro's old truck, and I cannot get the driveshafts out of the wheel bearings from the "new" axle.

I need to put new ujoints in, but want to clean them up...and it's easier to do that with the wheel bearings off. I also have no idea how good any of the wheel bearings are.

I've tried every method I can short of torching the nut off (I did heat the nut though), and I'm using a 6' long, 3/4" breaker bar with a 4' pry bar....there's no way these things should not be coming apart.

grrrr

(Hey Pat, its lefty-loosey, righty-tighty...)

Rob L. :dunno:

:D

grrrr

lol. nah, they just were being a PITA.

I had to heat the nuts red hot to be able to loosen them up....sooo that new wheel bearing that was on the driver's side is now junk, as is the other one...leaving me with zero wheel bearings :(

...now what to do about the fact that my dad left the 2wd calipers on the truck when he and I converted it...he put the 2wd knuckles on it (it had 4x4 unit bearings, but the knuckles have the caliper part cast on it...) and, unfortunately, the new axle has 4x4 knuckles, which just plain won't work.

soo I guess steve needs to buy 4x4 calipers and new wheel bearings :-/

Drove 2 hours and about 70 miles round trip to have a glass shop re-install my rear slider for $65 :( The guy said I did it all right, except I put the glue on the window, then installed it where as I should have put the glue on the truck, then installed the glass :smart: :doh: :wall:

Oh well, lesson learned. When I got home, I put my headliner in with the overhead consol, then re-assembled the rest of the int. With everything together, and 1/2 in thick "sound deadening" material under everything including carpet and headliner, and all unaccessable areas (windshield pillars, etc) filled with expanding foam...HOLY CRAP this thing is almost TOO quiet inside now! Gonna have to roll the windows down to let in some noise :nuts: Can't wait to finish my stereo, bet It'll sound great jamminz.gif That'll be the next update :D

:cheers:

-James

:fs1: I busted off my 102" whip in the woods today!! :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :wall: :wall: :wall:

CW

Did you have a spring mount?

I had initially installed it on a spring. But it was WAY UNSAFE!!! I would have hit people on either side of the vehicle ALL THE TIME!!! I figured that with the mount lower in the bed and with the tire behind, I would have enough flex for it not to be a problem... Guess that 4" limb 4" over my roof was a bit much... :yes: :yes: :yes: OH WELL, No damage to the jeep or the mount only the Aeriel was lost. I have more. jamminz.gif

Pat, Have you tried heating hot, hot and quenching with water? I have been lucky and every one that was tough like that was able to come off with my CO2 and a impact. I cover it with a HEAVY blanket and turn the pressure WAY up and "hammer" on it. Its always worked for me!! Like that pinion nut on the front of a D30...esp the lo pinion with a crush sleeve!! If we where closer, I would get it off!! Maybe you have or know someone with a CO2 setup?

CW

grrrr

man ive don't that before ." damn why isnt if coinin off,SNAP!!! then dad comes oer and switches the setting on the ratchet..

Borrowed ball joint press from Autozone, loosened lug nuts and spindle nut (breaking my breaker bar in the process @%#&@$# Napa life time warranty. Napa is not open Saturday evening or Sunday!), jacked up front corner, removed wheel, removed 1 of the 2 bolts holding the brake calliper to the knuckle, rounded over second bolt.

:grrrr: :mad: :wall:

Sprayed with PB Blaster, will continue tomorrow.