what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Hey Pat,

How do those Dunlops wear for you? I had a set of 31's 20 years ago on a '77Ford Pickup. They wore out far too fast IMHO... Just wondered if they are wearing better now-a-days.

CW

quick...not a great composite for high mileage. the set I just picked up has just over 1/2 tread, and I'm betting it'll be gone, or close to gone, by the end of winter. I'm also betting they won't do great in snow...but the tread on these is better than the utter lack of tread on my 33x10.50 bfg ta/ko's, and $180 is a hard price to beat for a set of 50%(ish) tread tires, especially when it gives you a fullsize matched spare either way you go.

Quickly...not a great composite for high mileage. The set I just picked up has just over 1/2 tread, and I'm betting it'll be gone, or close to gone, by the end of winter. I'm also betting they won't do great in snow...but the tread on these is better than the utter lack of tread on my 33x10.50 BFG ta/ko's, and $180 is a hard price to beat for a set of 50%(ish) tread tires, especially when it gives you a full size matched spare either way you go.

I hear that, seems the are the same as I remember! But like you say, the price was rite!!

I got a couple annoying problems fixed today...

That LED licence plate lite I put on a month or so back. The wires are so freakin fine. I cannot keep them in adequate contact to keep them working!!! Today I soldered them in! jamminz.gifjamminz.gif They will remain working now!!! :yes:

Then I routed the CB antenna wire. I zip tied it to the gate in about 4-5 spots. Leaving nice graceful arches @ every corner. Then I ran it along the bed rail with metal straps and screws, every 12". Over the top of the bed, between the cab and bed into the cab beneath the splash guards. I silicone up the hole in the cab and ran the wire up between the seats into the back of the CB. 20" was PERFECT!!!

My buddie bought me a skull hitch lite as a gag for my birthday last week. That got mounted and put on. Its got lites in the eyes with the marker lites and brakes too.

Then I finished the switch wiring on the Ahooga horn. I wanted it accessible but didn't want it with the other switches. I also didn't want it on a on/off switch. I picked up a momentary on switch @ Radio Shack and put that on the end of a 14" piece of 1/2" rubber fuel line. I attached the hose to the dash on the right side of the wheel with two more metal straps.

Its ridged enough so I can slap the button and the horn blows. I like it!!

CW

Wired my foglights; wanted a somewhat OEM look, so I used this Pilot touch panel switch...kinda cool, its different, fits nicely in the OEM cutout with some minor dremel trimming :

One feature I actually like is it resets to off with every ignition cycle (I have it wired to turn on/off with the ignition), so you manually turn something on (fog lights), and it automatically turns them off until you want the accessory on again; of course you can manually switch it off too by touching the panel. Learned you definately gotta run this with a relay though, as the switch can't handle the power alone (fried the first one) :shake: Think I'm gonna exchange it as defective and get somthing else to wire up :roll: Maybe a bed light :brows:

:cheers:

-James

worked on my bro's...

he cleaned the plow frame up, we mounted it, I cleaned his new dana 44 rear axle up, painted it, did the same with the backing plates, shafts, etc. then went to TNT's house and picked up the stanley heavy rate rear springs out of the '89 I sold him to put in my bro's '88...it gives around 3" lift over stock.

then pulled the rear end and leafs out of my bro's truck, and called it a day. front leaf bushing sleeves are a PITA that's for sure.

pics and build thread tomorrow...

I kissed my georgia truck goodbye once again and drove back up to michigan. :(

which one is in georgia ?

the empty shell.

i took the master cylinder and steering box out this morning . broke 2 bolts off the steering box :wall:

been there, done that. :( be sure to make friends with anti-seize grease if you haven't already.

I kissed my georgia truck goodbye once again and drove back up to michigan. :(

which one is in georgia ?

the empty shell.

i took the master cylinder and steering box out this morning . broke 2 bolts off the steering box :wall:

been there, done that. :( be sure to make friends with anti-seize grease if you haven't already.

i got 2 cans of the stuff and 4 litre of wd 40 now I'm just hoping i can get the bolt out of the other one with out breaking them

Jake you'd better have some pictures. :D

i got 2 cans of the stuff and 4 litre of wd 40 now I'm just hoping i can get the bolt out of the other one with out breaking them

Use an actual rust penetrant. WD is merely slippery. it doesn't eat or loosen rust.