unibody support

Should be the same, but may need some minor trimming to adapt to MJ rails....Its just a piece of Angle with holes in it that you need to weld to. don't try it if your an amateur welder....very difficult and if you screw up you could burn through your unibody and ruin it.....Good Luck..

I WAS TOLD IF I don't GET THESE MY frame will twist and warp and my doors won't shut and other problems will strt to happen

I have been told more than once that the moon is made of green cheese. More recently, I have read right here on the Internet that the United States never landed anyone on the moon, and that the space station doesn't exist because anyone going into space would be instantly killed by solar radiation. It MUST be true, because I read it on the Internet.

I own multiple XJs and multiple MJs. I have wheeled both my primary 1988 XJ and my primary 1988 MJ. All doors still close.

Take it for what it's worth.

XJ and MJ frames are slightly different, the MJ is already stiffer than the XJ. So MJ's don't really need it.

A few of us have clad our frames in angle iron steel for stregnth dragging the frame over rocks. I also have my rock rails welded to the srane. I'm sure it stiffens up the frame but that wasn't the inicial intent.

CW

ok let go this route the guys on here no more about these trucks than the guys that built them we drive these becuse thay are light and flex if u stifiners on it u might as well buy an s10 and put salid axles under it

People on quaaludes should not type. :D . Trying to read texting speak gives me a headache :ack:

It is certainly possible for XJs to develop cracks in the unibody that can cause problems. This usually takes an extreme amount of flexing over time (think rock crawlers), but has happened in lesser rigs too (pretty rare though). An MJ frame is waaaaay stronger than an XJ (designed to carry 2200 pounds after all) and I don't remember ever hearing of it developing crack anywhere but around the steering box (not due to flex, but due to the push-pull of the steering vs the track bar). I suggest a support similar to the C-rok brace or just a good strong bumper that hold the front frame rails together (like mine).

It is certainly possible for XJs to develop cracks in the unibody that can cause problems. This usually takes an extreme amount of flexing over time (think rock crawlers), but has happened in lesser rigs too (pretty rare though). An MJ frame is waaaaay stronger than an XJ (designed to carry 2200 pounds after all) and I don't remember ever hearing of it developing crack anywhere but around the steering box (not due to flex, but due to the push-pull of the steering vs the track bar). I suggest a support similar to the C-rok brace or just a good strong bumper that hold the front frame rails together (like mine).

Pete i would think that a link to your pix may help him out some

XJ and MJ frames are slightly different, the MJ is already stiffer than the XJ. So MJ's don't really need it.

A few of us have clad our frames in angle iron steel for strength dragging the frame over rocks. I also have my rock rails welded to the frame. I'm sure it stiffens up the frame but that wasn't the initial intent.

CW

This also applies to here as well knowing that it was not the intent at least we could see what was done and those that are interested can copy and ask questions as they go along

adding additional mod like what increase the vehicle weight as well for what a lil bit of reinforcing the frame for what amount of gain :dunno:

:agree: Eagle, Pete and CW that these trucks are tough the way they have been built as long as mother nature does not take her toll on these wonderful machines and we do our part to keep them the way we like 'em. we all have questions and answers which helps us along with maintaining our beloved machines jamminz.gif and that what make the efforts that you guys have put into this site make it what it is today

thanks a bunch

Notice how long the bumper brackets are. This is good for strength when extracting from the mud, as well as stiffening up the front end. The cracks I speak of happen in the frame between the steering box and the track bar bracket. Rick (xjs4ever) had that crack and after welding it up, made a brace that runs from the track bar bracket to the opposing side. I don't have any pictures of that on hand though.

As a jeep abuser.. Unless your rig has rust.. and lots of it you don't need stiffners, unless you want to prevent dents in your frame cause you wheel hard.

There are a few places on the xj/mj that have the common problem of crackingespecially when exposed to bigger tires and lockers. As pointed out By Pete... the steering box area is prone to this. C-Rok and a few other companies make plates for this problem.

Also as Far as I know.. no one makes a MJ frame stiffner, and the one for the XJ will not work.

I have templates for cutting out frame stiffening plates that run from the front bumper to the back of the cab.

They are for a MJ and are for 3 sides of the frame. One is for the outside rail of the frame, one for the bottom rail and one for the inside frame rail. They also have templates that box the frame in the engine compartment. They aren't mine, but I will be making a copy. :chillin:

I plan on making the templates that will complete the templates needed for plating for a SWB MJ to the rear of the frame. I might also plate the top of the frame from the cab back and inside the cab too.

They are designed to be cut out of a sheet of 1/8'" steel. This is easily formed to the contours on the frame and are more then stong enough for any use.

Lots of welding required. :brows: