New Look

BookspanS

i'm liking it!

but the phpbb emblem has to go... thats how i got back to the index in the olden days!

now i can't get back to the index as easily :(

but overall I'm diggin it!

:cheers: oh yeah, and i pulled the old bench seat out of storage back into the pub, but the suggestion to not sit on it still applies... and i think i saw the couch somewhere? mini-fridge is in the truck i just gotta unload it somewhere. image_209027.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is weird, but not a bad weird. Just out of curiosity, what was the point? i thought the old one was pretty dummy proof and simple

...and full of errors and glitches. Not to mention that it took 16 clicks of the mouse to delete each and every spam bot. Yesterday I deleted about 3000 of them in 15 minutes using the new features of this updated board. :clapping: And with the improved security, I won't have to do that again for a long long time. :D This isn't a "new" board, just a normal update, or more to the point, about 50 updates all done at once.

Right on, whatever works. Its kinda like when you drive your car for a while then you go outside one day and it looks different but its still your car with the same feel and stuff. lol this new one kinda made me feel like a loser cuz i just noticed that i don't have any friends... :D Its ok tho, i hate everyone

:idea: Pete... is there a way to get links to open in another browser when clicked on? Right now, every time a link is clicked it uses the browser window that this site is in to go to the new site and if you forget and "close" that site instead of using "back" you have to open a new browser and log back in here :rant:

Other than that...I love the new set-up...Great Job!!! jamminz.gif

That's a setting in your computer. Are you running Firefox or IE? In firefox, I can simply use the scroller wheel to click open any link I want in a new tab.
I'm running IE, but it didn't do it on the other site...only since this new update has been done.

I'll look in to it and see if there is a setting to change, but I know when I am building pages on my personal site I have to tell it to "open links in the same window" or "open in new".

EDIT: I just went and found a link and instead of just clicking on it, if I right click it, I get options for "open in new window" or "open in new tab"...just strange that I have never had to do that before as it always automatically opened a new window :nuts:

Well, stop with the IE and get yourself firefox. I'll never go back. :D

But now that you mention it, if I left-click on it, the link does indeed open in this window. Huh. I wonder why? Dunno. I'm going back to opening them with my scroller wheel. :typing: If I find anything that answers this dilema, I'll let you know. In the meantime: mozilla.org :cheers:

Well, stop with the IE and get yourself firefox. I'll never go back. :D

But now that you mention it, if I left-click on it, the link does indeed open in this window. Huh. I wonder why? Dunno. I'm going back to opening them with my scroller wheel. :typing: If I find anything that answers this dilema, I'll let you know. In the meantime: mozilla.org :cheers:

:agree: yeahthat.gif :jump:

I checked out the color options for the board this morning.

This is what it defaulted to with the new set up... SubSilver

This is the other Blue option...actually called ProSilver. It's the only one that shows the CC logo...

This is my personal favorite... Black Pearl

Yup, I finally figured out how to use FileZilla and upload a new style. When I get a chance, there are 2 more styles I have to load. And I'm happy to see the logo on prosilver.:D It didn't work right away. I'll need to load the logo separately for each style, so that'll be done later when I do the new styles.

I checked out the color options for the board this morning.

This is what it defaulted to with the new set up... SubSilver

This is the other Blue option...actually called ProSilver. It's the only one that shows the CC logo...

This is my personal favorite... Black Pearl

lol, i was doing the same thing this morning. Black Pearl FTW!

Perhaps this was mentioned but why is the clock still on standard time, which will be fixed next week and why after I reply it's three hours behind?

Some people get all excited and wrapped up into all these extra features but after years and years of upgrades it just turns into more procedures to clutter one's mind. There are so many and all of them are a little different and not quite compatible. The problem is the enhancements are developed more to keep the product fresh and marketable rather than there is a need to do it better.