I've lost hope...

vzehler

After searching online for well over a month and looking through several junkyards. I have lost hope on finding a set of 2 door buckets for my Comanche. The only set I've found were so #*%$ty that the only way to salvage them would be to have them re-covered at the tune of $500.00 plus the junkyard wanted $100.00 for the set to begin with.

Anyways, I'm looking down the aftermarket route now. I figure if I'm going to have to fabricate bracket to get some other seats to work or spend $600.00 bucks to get a good looking set of stock seats. I might as well get something nice..

Here's what I'm looking at, I think they resemble the stock seats alot anyway.

I would be interested... but them I'm stuck without a driver seat... and I would have to find a match to it... it would be impossible to do that locally for me...

If I was to have something shipped it would have to be a complete set...

I really appreciate the offer...

Why won't a set of 2 door XJ buckets work? Just weld the MJ feet on the slider brackets like the rest of us do? :brows: Its not that hard to do, you could even bolt them together and I think they would work OK...

I put in 89 cherokee 4dr front buckets. all I did was take the brackets off my old bench and took off the brackets from the cherokee seats. Then put on the mj seat brackets. The only thing that sucks about these is that they don't fold forward as much of the 2-dr models. but it works!!! It took some some time with drilling out rivets/welds on then but after finding the right size bolts/nuts it worked great.

Why won't a set of 2 door XJ buckets work? Just weld the MJ feet on the slider brackets like the rest of us do? :brows: Its not that hard to do, you could even bolt them together and I think they would work OK...

2 door XJ seats will work... finding a nice set is the problem... I have only found 1 set out of about 30 junkyards... They ones i did find were annihilated...

I know how you feel. I waited and looked for over a year until I lucked up and found a nice set of MJ buckets on eBay.

Shipping on a seat (depending on where to & from) will be anywhere between $40 - $60 by UPS.

2 door XJ seats will work... finding a nice set is the problem... I have only found 1 set out of about 30 junkyards... They ones i did find were annihilated...

Got a sweet set of grey buckets in a two door XJ at the yard in Flint. No rips no stains. Pretty. The XJ is in good shape too. Just no front clip for me to steal the headlight bezels from. Anyway I ain't too far from Ohio if you wanted to drive a little bit for them. If you are interested I could see if they are still there and how much. This yard is real good on prices I got my factory front skid for about 15 dollars.

try finding a set of BLACK buckets, it's even worse. Took me over a year scouring 'yards until I finally found a set in a 4 door XJ. Even though they were rockers and non-folding I grabbed them and stashed them away until I could rework my MJ bench brackets and get them in.

Yeah, the non-folding backs are a PITA and I still have to pull them back out to cut down the height on the brackets, but at least I finally got black buckets :D

Haven't seen another set since, either......

Jeff

Image Not Found

hey man, people with TJs buy KITS to raise their seats up for more visibility/wheelability so a set of rocking XJ buckets is the way to go...

(not to mention the rocking seats are the most comfortable ones you can find. i have them and love it. cept the drivers one is tearing slightly)

If you what the extra height, follow my modification in my post Bucket Seat Installation. If you cut the offset bracket from the XJ and drill new holes you can mount the rocker/slider track directly on top of the straight track. You wouldn't be able to use the center bolt and you will sit about an inch higher.

I've pretty much GIVEN AWAY or traded off 3 sets of grey bucket seats...almost four sets now.

soo...yea. if you need any sets in a few months, i'm sure i'll find another cherokee to part out (after i've cleared out all of my current junk)

anyways, I'm putting racing seats in the 3800 when I rebuild it, with 5 point harnesses and at least a back hoop from a roll cage in it too.

those seats you've picked are expensive...I'd shoot for cheaper.

hey man, people with TJs buy KITS to raise their seats up for more visibility/wheelability so a set of rocking XJ buckets is the way to go...

(not to mention the rocking seats are the most comfortable ones you can find. i have them and love it. cept the drivers one is tearing slightly)

I like the added ride height.....I'm short. And yes, they are very comfortable. The real problem I have is the decreased space between the bottom of the steering wheel and the top of the seat. It's kind of an ordeal getting into mine with 6" of lift. I've got to sort of put half my butt on the seat, then slide my right leg under the wheel and pull the rest of me into the seat.

That and for the first week or so after I swapped them in, I kept hitting my head off the top of the door frame getting out :oops: Eventually you learn to duck a bit...

Jeff