Emblems

2 part post:

1. Can you still get new Comanche emblems out there? Dealer? Aftermarket?

2. Anyone have a layout of emblems for each model? My 90 never got them put back on after the previous owner tried to repaint everything. The only one on it right now is the 4.0 Litre emblem on the tailgate, and I would like to know which ones I need to get to restore it back. I guess I'll need to run the VIN to see what model it is?

there are 3 ''comanche'' emblems one on each side right in front of the door and one on the tail gate. and there is a jeep one above the grille

i've never seen a MJ with a comanche emblem on the tailgate before. Usually on the tailgate it has the emblem for whatever engine it has...

Excellent...thanks guys.

So would I need to run my VIN to verify what specific model I have?

I just checked, and I can get the 4X4 emblems from the dealer still....but they run $17.00 each :roll:

I'm going to call on the Comanche emblems today and see if they can still get those.

no you don't need to run the model. I'm pretty sure that the layout is the same on all 87-92 MJs. The 86's had different style letters and different engine options.

You will need the JEEP letters on the front end, 2 Comanche on the fender, and the engine option on the tailgate.

I've got a bunch of Comanche emblems, plus a set of "4X4" ones, if you can't find any. Hit me backchannel and we can figure something out (like give me your mailing address and you can have them..... ;) )

Every time I see an MJ in the 'yards, I pull them off, if they are still there.

Jeff

there are 3 ''comanche'' emblems one on each side right in front of the door and one on the tail gate. and there is a jeep one above the grille

i've never seen a MJ with a comanche emblem on the tailgate before. Usually on the tailgate it has the emblem for whatever engine it has...

mine had one there but i took it off

• 3 months later...
It will also have THESE on both sides if it is 4x4. They go just under the side vent behind the doors and are pretty much even with the level of the door handle.

My '86 had the 4x4 emblems on the tail end sides of the bed, just about even height with the top of the tail lights.

But I don't know if the factory switched locations at some point in time, or if mine were added on by a PO.

try junk yards i broke one of mine of when i power washed and i found 4 comanches at the junk yard with all there emplems but no 2.5l engines :cry: i need to upgrade to a 4.0 but i got 243,887 miles on my 2.5l so ill run it till it dies then upgrade

well arnt they cast iron gm iron dukes?

Do I need to slap you? ;)

Iron dukes lived shortly in CJ-7's and AMC cars till 'round 1984 when the XJ debuted. It was powered by a carbed 2.5L AMC designed unit which gained TBI fuel injection for 1986, the first year of our beloved trucks.

• 10 years later...
  • 3 months later...