How to remove front bumper?

just remove the torx bolts on the bumper itself, that will pull it off. then remove the 3 bolts holding the brackets on, then (if u have tow hooks) remove the torx bolts at the frame tie ins. ;)

What is the round unit on the left hand side attached to the front bumper?

Thanks,

The vacuum reservoir is on the right side...the horn is on the left...at least that's how it was on my truck.

BTW...remember...

Right side = passenger

Left side = driver

I stand corrected, it is on the right side. Is the vacuum reservoir nessessary if you do not have cruise control?

Thanks again.

Yes, you'll still want it for the heat and A/C if equipped. The reson is that it stores vacuum for times when you accelerate. Without it, you'll have wierd problems like the vents all going to defrost when accelerating up a hill becuase of the loss of vacuum to the system.

Yes, you'll still want it for the heat and A/C if equipped. The reson is that it stores vacuum for times when you accelerate. Without it, you'll have wierd problems like the vents all going to defrost when accelerating up a hill becuase of the loss of vacuum to the system.

Thank you. Appreciate the help.

On the left side in this pic (passenger side), you can see the vac bottle, he doesnt have cruise control b/c it is round and cruise control models have oval bottles. on the right side is the horn.

Really like your tow hooks. Where can I get a set? Do they mount to the bumper brackets?

just remove the torx bolts on the bumper itself, that will pull it off. then remove the 3 bolts holding the brackets on, then (if u have tow hooks) remove the torx bolts at the frame tie ins. ;)

Sometimes much easier said than done. In my experience, the words "just remove" and "torx" should never be in the same sentence.

The vacuum reservoir is on the right side...the horn is on the left...at least that's how it was on my truck.

BTW...remember...

Right side = passenger

Left side = driver

Side note: MJs came provisioned on the harness for two horns but most were equipped w. only a single horn on the left side. But a single wire is there on the right side with a female spade connector that will plug into another horn. This way you can use a HI / LO horn set instead of the lame Meep Meep single horn. MJeff knows all about this wire. :eek: :cheers:

Sometimes much easier said than done. In my experience, the words "just remove" and "torx" should never be in the same sentence.

Lifetime warrantee Torx socket set, 1/2 to 3/8 reducer, breaker bar and extension pipe. Once in a while you snap the Torx head socket, but usually the bolts come out no matter how badly rusted. You could also use your favorite penetrating lube, hammer and/or propane torch to help it break loose.

I have also found a front end collision to be quite successful at knocking rusted bolts loose. Has worked on 3 vehicles of mine so far (one was my fault, that one was totaled with severe frame damage).

On the left side in this pic (passenger side), you can see the vac bottle, he doesnt have cruise control b/c it is round and cruise control models have oval bottles. on the right side is the horn.

That is the way you see it in the pic...but, when talking about a vehicle, the left side is the Driver side and the right is the Passenger side ;) .

Side note: MJs came provisioned on the harness for two horns but most were equipped w. only a single horn on the left side. But a single wire is there on the right side with a female spade connector that will plug into another horn. This way you can use a HI / LO horn set instead of the lame Meep Meep single horn. MJeff knows all about this wire. :eek: :cheers:

ayup, I do.....:D

'cept now since I figgered it out, I have two MEEP MEEP horns, with the same pitch. Just as ghey, just twice as loud.. :chillin:

Jeff

My favorite is trying to remove the torx bolts after a bad front-end collision that wraps the bumper around the bolt heads. I've had to do it 2 vehicles now and always have to find a way to pry/bend the bumper away from the bolt heads and then get fancy with extensions, angles, wrenches, whatever can get in there.