Has anyone ever seen this concept before

JpComancheKid

Guest vzehler

it looks like a 4 wheel drive street comanche to me :brows: ... pretty cool looking... Not sure about how functional that bed cover is tho...

I wonder what happens to all of these Prototypes and stuff... stuck in some Exec's garage somewhere... I think we should make it our collective ComancheClub mission to find out and if the truck still exists to bring it out of "retirement"...

Sw2

I like it. Sure it's a poser since it doesn't look like it'll do real well off road, but I like the look and am sure it can get me up the hill to work after a snowfall in the winter.

I have had to walk the last mile and a half multiple times before I got a 4wd. Even a front wheel drive with snow tires can't always do it (even in reverse).

I have that same photo,it is a comanche with a zj cherokee grill and some add ons...not a bad look as far as the front, I sorta stole some of my ideas from that truck.....lol

wow i didn't even notice that until you brought it up. cool :cheers:

It was called the Comanche Thunder Chief I believe and was meant to be a "Luxury" Comanche made with Grand Cherokee interior and looks. I use to have a pic somewhere of the inside and it had an OHC and all the stuff you would expect to find in a Grand Cherokee of the time, but since my laptop fried all those pics are lost to limbo.

As for where it is today... it sits in the Walter P. Chrysler Museum. They also have one of the old race Comanches and one more that someone donated that has a rollbar and looks really sharp.

Alex

zj front ends don't fit the MJ...

yeah i didnt think so, i just didnt know if someone put some time into makin it work somehow. plus that truck was an 87 concept and the ZJ wasnt around until 93. so does that mean the idea for a ZJ came from the comanche?

zj front ends don't fit the MJ...

yeah i didnt think so, i just didnt know if someone put some time into makin it work somehow. plus that truck was an 87 concept and the ZJ wasnt around until 93. so does that mean the idea for a ZJ came from the comanche?

the ZJ was in it's mid to final design stages by the AMC/DCX interchange in late 87/early 88. the grand cherokee is a AMC design and cannot be attributed to chrysler inginuity (we all know they don't have any, and to say they do is nothing but a coverup for self-pity :P)