rear sliding window

does anyone know how to put the rear sliding window into the jeep? the jeep i have the windnow is broken and i have a new one but i don't know hot to get it in

Yeah, I didn't know either, so I brought it to a local auto glass shop. They reused the original gasket, put it in in about an hour for $40. Four years later, all is well with no leaks.

there is some trick with a piece of rope where you slip the rope between the frame and the gasket and tug around it and slip it out. reverse procedure to install... i'm not sure though, never seen it done, just had it explained to me.

magic?

idk... try youtube or DIY websites?

there is some trick with a piece of rope where you slip the rope between the frame and the gasket and tug around it and slip it out. reverse procedure to install... i'm not sure though, never seen it done, just had it explained to me.

magic?

idk... try youtube or DIY websites?

nope.

the rear window is glued in.

the "gasket" is just for looks, and for centering the window in the hole. just like a windshield, it is glued in.

there is some trick with a piece of rope where you slip the rope between the frame and the gasket and tug around it and slip it out. reverse procedure to install... i'm not sure though, never seen it done, just had it explained to me. magic? idk... try youtube or DIY websites?

I watched them do it. They used an electric heated curved knife with interchangible blades. They ran it around the gasket in and out. It melted the OEM adhesive, but did not hurt the gasket. It popped out the back side, then they cleaned up the gasket, re-applied the adhesive, placed it around the new slider and put it back in through the back. Also there were two mounting screws the had to drill in. No way I could have done this right. :eek:

nope. the rear window is glued in. the "gasket" is just for looks, and for centering the window in the hole. just like a windshield, it is glued in.

Yes, the rear slider/window is glued in. But the gasket is not "just for looks"; applied sealer in the gasket inner and outer channels bonds the window frame to the body on both sides of the frame and makes it weather-tite.

I purchased the "dark" CR Laurant four pane in October (they don't make the 3 pane anymore). The installer used the Knife to remove the old slider, and this fancy "glue gun" to install and seal the new slider which does not have a gasket like the old slider. It cost me $70 to have this done which I happily paid because there is no way I had the skill, knowledge or that gun to make it happen.

It has rained pretty good out here and no leaks so far. :cheers:

I wanted to do the electric slider but they didn't make those anymore either :cry:

I purchased the "dark" CR Laurant four pane in October (they don't make the 3 pane anymore). The installer used the Knife to remove the old slider, and this fancy "glue gun" to install and seal the new slider which does not have a gasket like the old slider. It cost me $70 to have this done which I happily paid because there is no way I had the skill, knowledge or that gun to make it happen.

I wanted to do the electric slider but they didn't make those anymore either :cry:

I also used the 4-pane CRL slider, the same window the factory used, but it required the gasket. But this was a few years ago.........

I also used the 4-pane CRL slider, the same window the factory used, but it required the gasket. But this was a few years ago.........

Yeah back when they had electric sliders, I would have paid handsomely for that :cheers:

If you can find a window in the junkyard you can get it pulled or pull it yourself.

The trick the yards use is to take an old guitar string and use it as a saw to cut the window from the donor truck. They poke a hole in the glue somewhere and slide the string through. Then someone gets on the outside and someone on the inside and they saw the string back and forth until the window is freed from the truck...

Or, professional window installers have a sweet blade that they put on their sawzall and cut the glue that way...

I'm confused, were the original windows three pane? mines a 4 pane that i bought with the truck.

B4 now i didnt even know electric rear slider was an option on this truck, i would be interested in getting a window with the rear slider and having a shop putting it in if i could find one.

I'm confused, were the original windows three pane? mines a 4 pane that i bought with the truck.

B4 now i didnt even know electric rear slider was an option on this truck, i would be interested in getting a window with the rear slider and having a shop putting it in if i could find one.

The original equipment MJ sliders were three pane. Electric sliders were never offered by the factory as an option, they were aftermarket and used to be sold by CR Lawrence, part number EPS700.

The original equipment MJ sliders were three pane. Electric sliders were never offered by the factory as an option, they were aftermarket and used to be sold by CR Lawrence, part number EPS700.

CRL don't make the electric anymore... Sucks cause I'd like to have one...

CRL don't make the electric anymore... Sucks cause I'd like to have one...

I was planning on getting one.

Their website still has them listed. CR Laurence

You can't buy them from them unless you are a authorized dealer, however I did look up the site I knew sold them and they are not listed anymore. Just as well, may have just saved $400 on the build.

:cheers:

I was planning on getting one.

Their website still has them listed. CR Laurence

You can't buy them from them unless you are a authorized dealer, however I did look up the site I knew sold them and they are not listed anymore. Just as well, may have just saved $400 on the build.

Humm.......I'll check a price tomorrow for you :D

Just for the h$!! of it I inquired if the MJ POWR-Slider was still available from CRL. Their response was yes, but with a minimum order of 50. :oops:

Did I here group buy???? I think Pete should be in charge of it though!! I mean he did do such I good job with the hats and all!!!!! :D

I'm working on it, CRL just bought out the company we were using for glazing supply's, and I'm little busy this week, but I'm trying to get my account set up with them. When I do, I'll check the price and the order amount. And the availability of the rear slider. If I got to buy 50, I guest I be on e-bay :eek:

I'm working on it, CRL just bought out the company we were using for glazing supply's, and I'm little busy this week, but I'm trying to get my account set up with them. When I do, I'll check the price and the order amount. And the availability of the rear slider. If I got to buy 50, I guest I be on e-bay :eek:

Hey Bob, I'm sure the CC members will take a bunch off your hands mate. :cheers:

If someone buys the fifty I would be interested in getting one. Wasn't the retail price something like $330?

They site I had that use to sell them was close to $400. I'd be interested, especially if we could get a good discount. :brows: