Do people STARE at your MJ on the road?

88XJSport

I know the code enforcer looks at my trucks practically every day. :D

Which reminds me, it's getting on 30 days since I last moved them. Time to fire 'em all up and roll 20 feet to the other side of the parking lot. :roll:

i usualy get looks at my ride every time i drive it especialy since the ones u see around hear are bone stock or realy hammered , not that mine is all that and a bag of chips but it is far from stock . also when the rear end is welded , u got no muffler and no sway bar and ur sporting the 2.8L which is singing at a constant 4 grand plus being driven like it was stolen helps to jamminz.gif :chillin:

Ive gotten plunty of looks too. aparently mine is noticed so much that one of the local comcast guys came over to fix my internet when i wasn't home and saw the background of my truck up a snowbank. then proceded to ask my wife about the thing, saying that he's seen it around town. And since i've owned it I have been pulled over 2 times with stupid cops trying to get me on something, but lucky me the thing is all legal. jamminz.gif

I get looks in mine all the time too. The '88 and the '86 attract different looks though. With the '88 it's usually looks of "nice truck" and with the '86 it's usually looks of disgust as I'm being passed. Of course, they both do also attract looks from the local P.D. too.

i talk about my jeep then when people see it, it's like the buildup (anticipation) towards an awesome "jeep" just fell off the face of the earth. they go "that's a jeep?????"

then i promptly b*tch slap them and put them in their place :brows: j/k...

i talk about my jeep then when people see it, it's like the buildup (anticipation) towards an awesome "jeep" just fell off the face of the earth. they go "that's a jeep?????"

then i promptly b*tch slap them and put them in their place :brows: j/k...

I was at a wheeling event with tons of rigs, and a few Toyotas. A Toyota owner comes up to me and says-

"Scout rear end?" (D44)

Me: "Nope, stock."

he then looks at me like I have 328095 heads and says

"Its a Toy...right."

Me: "No...its a Jeep, see on the tailgate. J E E P!" :redX:

Him: "Oh my god...it is. Sorry man."

My next door neighbor reassured me that he truly is a moron a couple days ago. He asked me, "What years did Jeep make the matching trailer for these trucks"? I don't know how he didn't equate a couple months of grinding and welding with the MJ trailer that emerged when the noise stopped. :nuts: Then he said he was thinking of getting a Comanche for his son but he's been down at the dealer looking at new ones.

I didn't say anything. The whole conversation started as a compliment to my son's MJ that parks by his house.

I get some good looks, mostly from other truck/Jeep guys (although I swear I'm sick of all the "Jeeps" around here that have NEVER seen the dirt... so not those Jeep guys.) I've had several modded toy trucks give a salute or a wave as well. The best looks gotta be when I'm all filthy after a trail run, some prick in dad's BMW, or some ricer in a civic... their faces read "yea, I'm not a man" :D

I had to laugh as we were driving out of our neighborhood last night. I have looked at this thread, but not really thought about it until then. We drove past an old Ford F150 sitting on the side of the road with 4 people working/looking under the hood. The Ford is nice with a good size lift and probably 38" swampers, but all 4 of them stopped what they were doing to watch us go by in our "little" truck and as we past and I looked in the mirror...they were still looking :cheers: .

I heard one girl walking by as I was parking say I didn't know Jeep made a pickup....like others said though I'M the one that stares at every MJ that goes by :brows:

On the road I think people take notice more because it's an all black Mad Max looking truck with steel plate armor front to back, dents all up and down both sides and it shakes like Elvis going down the road with the swampers growling and the locker banging. It's good, at least nobody tries to cut me off. ;)