Gotta cut the grass ...again...

BLHTAZ

Just bitchin'... :mad:

It seems that it was only a week ago that I ran the lawn mower and now I have been out there doing it again in the 86* weather. My face and shoulders are all sunburnt now :roll: .

Yeah me too. I've been mowing for a couple hours.

Try mowing over an acre of grass with a push mower, it sucks.

I think my fat arse had two or three little heart attacks and I'm still not done yet.

Thank god for cold beer! :cheers:

If this was posted a month ago, Id be hating the two of you.

But its a balmy 46 here and the snow is melting faster than anything.

:rotfl2: I was doing the same thing a month ago too, but it was a little cooler. In Florida, we have to cut all year long...just not as often in the winter time. :cheers:

i'm with correy on that one.

and guys, don't complain. it still takes me longer to mow my lawn on a 52" riding mower than it does for you to do it with a push mower, and then i still have to push mow around trees and such.

gah stupid 12 acres of grass.

12 acres of grass! you need some cows or lamas or sumthin.

we need development lol.

nah, we HAD cows...steers actually...they didn't do much surprisingly. the goats in one pasture do help, but not much. the cub cadet low-boy turf tractor does a good job though.

I'd love 12 acres of anything. We have .17 acre ... that's right ... less than 1/4 acre, so my lawn care is about 1.5 hours because of all the stuff my wife has in the yard and I have to be "very careful" not to chop it down with the trimmer. It takes about an hour of trimming and 20-30 minutes of mowing. :roll: . Before she started turning it in to a mini-jungle, I could do it in 45 minutes tops.

I'd love 12 acres of anything. We have .17 acre ... that's right ... less than 1/4 acre, so my lawn care is about 1.5 hours because of all the stuff my wife has in the yard and I have to be "very careful" not to chop it down with the trimmer. It takes about an hour of trimming and 20-30 minutes of mowing. :roll: . Before she started turning it in to a mini-jungle, I could do it in 45 minutes tops.

Well mate you can come up here and cut my 2 acres if you'd like. :D The front's no problem but the back acre is nearly straight down to the lake. I wear out a riding lawn mower about other other year 'cause of the strain on the engine. Was going to do the first cut tomorrow, but said the h@!! with it - the bass be movin' in. :cheers:

Yep...Keith is the one that led our rides. He also fixed our Jeep when I broke it and nearly rolled it. He spent about 1.5 hours fixing what I broke and did not charge me anything for it. :eek:

I wish the grass would start growing in Tn. Thats how i pay for all my Comanche parts
I hear ya... The lawn maintenance business is quite lucrative down here for those that are in it.

Ok, you dudes are probably gonna laugh at me, but we just got a quote last week for Artificial Lawn surface for our back yard... the stuff LOOKS like real grass...Not that crummy Astroturf looking stuff, but REAL looking grass... we have a "mud-hole" in our back yard that is less than 800 Square feet... the drainage sucks and the grass (what there is) is horrible... My kids can't go outside and use the grass at all to play without coming in head to toe in mud, so I'm going to tear it all up and put artificial in...

25 Year Warranty, no fading, NO mowing, no watering (I will save about $30/mth during the summer by not having to water the lawn out back)... A Leaf Blower every now and then a Metal rake thing and I'm done...

OK, you can laugh now...

I'll need to see pics of that. If it looks good and is cost effective, then I think it's a great idea...especially with a 25 year warranty.

Does the warranty cover kids, bicycles, toys, swingsets, Jungle-Jims etc, etc...? Can you drive a vehicle (Jeep, Truck, Car) on it?

I'll need to see pics of that. If it looks good and is cost effective, then I think it's a great idea...especially with a 25 year warranty.

Does the warranty cover kids, bicycles, toys, swingsets, Jungle-Jims etc, etc...? Can you drive a vehicle (Jeep, Truck, Car) on it?

I'm my other landscape contractor finishs the prep work early this week, I'll have the new lawn either late this or early next week...

I think all the kid stuff is covered...I told the guy we would stick a kiddie pool on it during the summer and he said no issues... will just need to brush it out when we drain the pool. I think the Cars on it was specificed as a warranty deal breaker, but I can't find the phamplet...

As far as "cost effective", I guess that is debateable The material is about $3.70/Sq Ft...If you install it yourself... another $3.25/ Sq Ft to install. So for some $5K for fake grass is by no means "cost effective", but I figure between water, my lawn maintenance time (I'm expensive labor), I'll have a break "even" point somewhere between 6-8 years... I plan on living here forever, so in the long run... well you know...

Your mileage may vary... remember I'm in Northern California, land of the Million Dollar Double Wides and $5/gal gas (well, not yet, but I've seem $3.99 for mid-grade already), so other locations might have different price scales...

Will Post Pics when it's done...

SW2

land of the Million Dollar Double Wides

SW2

You mean these???

Image Not Found

Yeah, that's what we call a town home/Condo community along with a $500/mth Home Owners Association Fee (above and beyond the million dollar mortgage, and not Tax Deductible)

land of the Million Dollar Double Wides

SW2

You mean these???

Image Not Found

Yeah, that's what we call a town home/Condo community along with a $500/mth Home Owners Association Fee (above and beyond the million dollar mortgage, and not Tax Deductible)

And don't forget proximity to your favorite earthquake fault. :chillin:

You guys are weak...;)

Thats a 7' mower, and there is another that is a 9'er. If there is one tractor/mower combo, you can easily spend 6 hours going around, and around, and around and....

• 2 weeks later...