Gotta cut the grass ...again...

BLHTAZ

Looks good Wade. Nice and green, and never have to water it, what more can ya ask for? Aside from a few of these :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: with good friends.

Very nice! Oh and even though its small it looks very relaxing back there..

Small? To me that's HUGE!! I hate living in an apartment sometimes.

Very nice! Get some micro shots of that stuff... I'm interested in how its made..

Did they stake it down or what? Will it hold water??

Oh and even though its small it looks very relaxing back there..

They nailed it down every few inches with this 5"-6" nails (that they said they have never had pull up before). Laid the grass over about 4" of Gravel/Sand Mixture which was tamped down. The underside is a "weave" so water and stuff will go through just fine. The guy that installed it said it would drain NO WORSE than the crappy clay that my real was sitting on...They spread out some sand on top and then use a motorized metal bristle brush thing to "fluff" up the grass...

img0789mk8.jpg

img0787eg7.jpg

Very nice! Get some micro shots of that stuff... I'm interested in how its made..

Did they stake it down or what? Will it hold water??

Oh and even though its small it looks very relaxing back there..

They nailed it down every few inches with this 5"-6" nails (that they said they have never had pull up before). Laid the grass over about 4" of Gravel/Sand Mixture which was tamped down. The underside is a "weave" so water and stuff will go through just fine. The guy that installed it said it would drain NO WORSE than the crappy clay that my real was sitting on...They spread out some sand on top and then use a motorized metal bristle brush thing to "fluff" up the grass...

That some pretty cool stuff.. whats the price difference between that and sod??

Didn't price Sod...this was about $3.70 Sq/Ft for just the product...I'm guessing quite a bit more than sod, but, no water, no mowing, 25 year warranty, no fading, no mowing, no mud, no mowing...

Didn't price Sod...this was about $3.70 Sq/Ft for just the product...I'm guessing quite a bit more than sod, but, no water, no mowing, 25 year warranty, no fading, no mowing, no mud, no mowing...

Aaaand, the best part of all; no grass stains on the kids' clothes. :D

Well it looks good,, you going to have a lawn warming bbq soon?? :cheers:

Sure, but NorCal is sure a good drive from NC...I did just get done smoking about 15 lbs of Pork shoulder for Pulled Pork... was in for just under 20 hours and is delicious, but being a California (Nebraska transplant), I probably don't get to call that "real" BBQ... :eek:

Hopefully taking the TJ down this weekend to Pismo Beach to do some Sand Wheeling and Beach camping, so BBQ will have to happen after that...

Well it looks good,, you going to have a lawn warming bbq soon?? :cheers:

Sure, but NorCal is sure a good drive from NC...I did just get done smoking about 15 lbs of Pork shoulder for Pulled Pork... was in for just under 20 hours and is delicious, but being a California (Nebraska transplant), I probably don't get to call that "real" BBQ... :eek:

Hopefully taking the TJ down this weekend to Pismo Beach to do some Sand Wheeling and Beach camping, so BBQ will have to happen after that...

Yeah thats a long @$$ haul!!! but you know I've always wanted to go see the Redwoods.. and I hear you NorCal guys have some crazy nugs.. lol (Kids don't do drugs)

That is saweeeet looking.

Is the mesh bottom thick enough to keep weeds from being able to grow through?

Not many weeds before with the real grass, but they rolled out some weed barrier cloth under the rock base so it should be fine now...

Sure, but NorCal is sure a good drive from NC...I did just get done smoking about 15 lbs of Pork shoulder for Pulled Pork... was in for just under 20 hours and is delicious

However, Scott's Valley is a short drive from Fairfield. Pulled pork :drool:

I also smoke pork shoulder to make pulled pork, I use a Big Green Egg (ceramic cooker) with lump charcoal and usually pecan wood and let the puppy go overnight, usually 15-20 hours. What equipment do you use? Any rub recipes you can share?

I like your lawn, let us know how it feels when it's hot.