Damn lifted policies!

MiNi Beast

So got my 33x9.50 mounted on my soft 8s and then went to have them put on the truck, but no. Drove all around town trying to find a place and no body whould do it. Because my truck only calls for 235/75/R15 as the biggest tire to be mounted. Even at some shizzt holes too. Not that I can't do it my self which I'm going to do tonight yet but Its like 4* outside and I don't have anything to go in or under. I hate winter in MI thats way maybe end of summer moving south. BUt still pissed me off about that policy BS. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :hateputers: :hateputers: :hateputers: :hateputers: :hateputers: :hateputers: :D

i was talking to my dad about getting bigger tires on. he said that no one would put bigger tires on, just the recommend or oem size. i guess some place put some bigger tires on some guys truck and the guy ended up getting killed or hurt. and i am pretty sure someone sued someone about the whole thing. i don't know if that went all over the country or just in a few states. but some places are hesitant about it now, so they won't put over sized tires on your vehicles.

Just bring in the rims and tires in the back of the truck and tell them it is for an off highway rig. The problem comes in if they put them on your MJ.

Thats what you have to do, "carry in" they will mount and balance..but they won't install them on your truck. thats every place including wally land

what a bunch of crap.

go to walmart they'll put 'em on

that is what I thought but they was one of the main ones that turned me down. Went to two different one.

Yeah got them carried in but yeah not put on the truck. Went to Sears once I installed my 3in lift and got an alignment and they didn't want to do it but they did but said they couldn't warrenty it because of the lift. Just sucks because there isn't "4x4" work shops around where I live. If I had the money I'd start up one of those 4 Wheel Parts franchisees, closes one is in INDY.

Just bring in the rims and tires in the back of the truck and tell them it is for an off highway rig. The problem comes in if they put them on your MJ.

Abso friggin' loutely!! I didn't know freakin' liberals owned tire stores!!!

None of there frikin' business what they are for or off of. There business is selling mounting and installing tires. You have work for them.

Tell them to just mount the tires and STFU. :eek: :D :roll: :brows:

CW

None of there frikin' business what they are for or off of. There business is selling mounting and installing tires. You have work for them.

CW

CW

In a sue-happy society I understand 120% why they will not do it.

It keeps prices down as well, as the companies do not have to pay out the butt for insurance policies that cover things like this.

I take it you've never owned your own business before? Heck I run 27 wireless stores and I'll FIRE anyone of my 150 employee's if they touch a customer's phone from another carrier. Why? Because we've had issues in the past with customer's accusing us of doing things. Policy's get set into affect for reasons like this; and I'm assuming the same thing has happened with the tire companies.

If you can't/won't bolt up your own tires than you have no right running the larger size in my opinion. I think the debate here should be why your lazy to pick up 4 tires and tighten down 20 bolts and not why a company won't do it for ya..

And to the OP (mini beast), no offense for not wanting to do it in the cold weather. I understand as it's been 0* here the past week as well.

CW

RIGHT ON! jamminz.gif

It keeps prices down as well, as the companies do not have to pay out the butt for insurance policies that cover things like this.

frankly, I don't understand why business' don't resort to a sign saying "We are not responsible for anything resulting in damage to you or your vehicle, as a result of installation of tires that are larger than the maximum factory recommended size, BUT we WILL install them"

it's as simple as putting a sign up. if you don't read the sign, and you have a tire failure or something of that nature resulting from your modifications to accomodate larger-than-stock tires, tough $#!&. your problem.

and please, DO NOT tell me that this wouldn't suffice. I could die from the contents of a juicebox, but there are warning labels and ingredient contents. so, if I drink some juicy juice, and die, tough $#!&, i'm the dumb$#!& who didn't read it and figure out if I had any allergies to it's contents. the company wouldn't be responsible, nor would their insurance be responsible for covering the company's @$$.

CW

RIGHT ON! jamminz.gif

frankly, I don't understand why business' don't resort to a sign saying "We are not responsible for anything resulting in damage to you or your vehicle, as a result of installation of tires that are larger than the maximum factory recommended size, BUT we WILL install them"

it's as simple as putting a sign up. if you don't read the sign, and you have a tire failure or something of that nature resulting from your modifications to accomodate larger-than-stock tires, tough $#!+. your problem.

and please, DO NOT tell me that this wouldn't suffice. I could die from the contents of a juicebox, but there are warning labels and ingredient contents. so, if I drink some juicy juice, and die, tough $#!+, i'm the $#!+ who didn't read it and figure out if I had any allergies to it's contents. the company wouldn't be responsible, nor would their insurance be responsible for covering the company's @$$.

You are on the right track, but you forget one important thing. They would not be responsible, but they would still have to defend them selves an inordinant number of times in court when they are sued. The sign could possibly change the liability but will NEVER stop the lawsuits that will be filed and need to be defended. You have the right to sue anyone for anything and there is nothing anyone can do to stop that.

Said from the guy who is right of middle but left of the 700 club and his cronies.

You are on the right track, but you forget one important thing. They would not be responsible, but they would still have to defend them selves an inordinant number of times in court when they are sued. The sign could possibly change the liability but will NEVER stop the lawsuits that will be filed and need to be defended. You have the right to sue anyone for anything and there is nothing anyone can do to stop that.

Said from the guy who is right of middle but left of the 700 club and his cronies.

sad thing is, I know this to be true.

we had an issue with a sanitary district, in which they sued us over 3 properties that my mother was selling...we won, after dumping close to 100k in attorney fees :headpop: i believe. then we went to sue them for the damages, and the judge looked right at her and said that, being that the government has NO obligation to be right, and that being a sanitary district, it fell under governmental control, and therefore there wasn't a damned thing we could do about it.

THREE times. not one was correct, they just pushed papers without doing any research at all. what crap.

so i see your point. but, a business owner can still sue back

I guess you all live in so-called "progressive" states. Dayem, the whole flocking country is getting corrupted by CA, where this crap must have started. Bring your junk down here; long as you have the $$, they will get er done.
:cheers:

most of the time the only question you get is, "where y'all go ridin' at?"

but now i get my tires through my boss (work at a local 3 person shop, bossman is the owner) and i mount them when it's slow. ;)

:cheers: hell yeah for the south!

:rant: Damn 65* plus southerns.

No so yeah got the tires on last night before we got about 8in more of snow right now. So yeah looks better just need to lift the front. LA kit being order on Thursday. :brows: jamminz.gif . Get Pics later to post. But it's not that I'm lazy to put my own tires on but when you got no time and it;'s cold as helll out then it's just easier to just have them done. But my mine point was the lack of Faculties to support the sport. This is what I don't like.

it's as simple as putting a sign up. if you don't read the sign, and you have a tire failure or something of that nature resulting from your modifications to accomodate larger-than-stock tires, tough $#!+. your problem.

and please, DO NOT tell me that this wouldn't suffice.

Sorry, but that won't suffice. You can thank ambulance chaser attorneys and liberal judges for that. Judges today aren't concerned with "the law." They are only interested in feeding some money to the "victim," and they look to whoever has money, regardless of degree/percentage of responsibility.

Two examples: In one, a builder/developer build a mid-rise condo (eight stories) that in a few years had the brick cracking and falling off. The condo association sued the architect, engineer, developer, brickwork contractor, and maybe a couple of others. I was in the courtroom when the case came up, at about 10:30 a.m. The ONLY question the judge had was if the insurance company for each of the defendants was present. They weren't. "Court is adjourned until 1:00 p.m. I want each of you to have your insurance company's attorney here, and I want to know the limits on your policies."

Second case: I once worked for an architect/engineering firm that specialized in roofing repairs. We were hired to specify repairs after a roofing fire on a shopping mall. About a year after the work was done, we were named in a lawsuit. The suit was filed by a volunteer fireman who had showed up drunk, fell off a ladder, and hurt his back. He sued us because our "defective specifications" were a proximate cause of the fire.

Never mind that we weren't hired until AFTER the fire. Shame on his attorney. Shame on the judge who declined to release us from the suit. And, worse yet, we had to sue our own insurance company to get them to defend us. They wanted to PAY, because it was cheaper (for them) than sending a lawyer to court. Of course, they would have raised our premiums for the next 5 years so it wouldn't have cost them anything.

/rant

Tire shops around here have the same policy. It's a nuisance, but they have to do it because that's the nature of today's litigious society. Nobody wants to be responsible for anything. Everybody says they have a "right" to do 'X' or 'Y' or 'Z,' but then if doing to results in an injury or damage, they always look for somebody to sue. I always just take my tires in and have them mounted and balanced. I have a jack and a lug wrench.

and please, DO NOT tell me that this wouldn't suffice.

Sorry, but that won't suffice. You can thank amulance chaser attorneys and liberal judges for that. Judges today aren't concerned with "the law." They are only interested in feeding some money to the "victim," and they look to whoever has money, regardless of degree/percentage of responsibility.

Two examples: In one, a builder/developer build a mid-rise condo (eight stories) that in a few years had the brick cracking and falling off. The condo association sued the architect, engineer, developer, brickwork contractor, and maybe a couple of others. I was in the courtroom when the case came up, at about 10:30 a.m. The ONLY question the judge had was if the insurance company for each of the defendants was present. They weren't. "Court is adjourned until 1:00 p.m. I want each of you to have your insurance company's attorney here, and I want to know the limits on your policies."

Second case: I once worked for an architect/engineering firm that specialized in roofing repairs. We were hired to specify repairs after a roofing fire on a shopping mall. About a year after the work was done, we were named in a lawsuit. The suit was filed by a volunteer fireman who had showed up drunk, fell off a ladder, and hurt his back. He sued us because our "defective specifications" were a proximate cause of the fire.

Never mind that we weren't hired until AFTER the fire. Shame on his attorney. Shame on the judge who declined to release us from the suit. And, worse yet, we had to sue our own insurance company to get them to defend us. They wanted to PAY, because it was cheaper (for them) than sending a lawyer to court. Of course, they would have raised our premiums for the next 5 years so it wouldn't have cost them anything.

/rant

Tire shops around here have the same policy. It's a nuisance, but they have to do it because that's the nature of today's litigious society. Nobody wants to be responsible for anything. Everybody says they have a "right" to do 'X' or 'Y' or 'Z,' but then if doing to results in an injury or damage, they always look for somebody to sue. I always just take my tires in and have them mounted and balanced. I have a jack and a lug wrench.

yeahthat.gif X2

JeepcoMJ with age will come wisdom, the way things are and how they should be has changed over the years.

About 15 yrs ago I worked in property management at a shopping mall. Someone was returning a battery he had got a KayBee Toys. KayBee would not return it based on the posted return policy. The guy went home and got his attorney and they sued KayBee, the Co that made the battery, my management Co. , my employee that he spoke to as he was leaving the mall and me :eek: And I was on Vacation out of state at the time :nuts: But as things go now, he got his money from the deep pockets :headpop:

I was once told by an attorney that signs / forms to change the liability just slow the process and makes the attorney more money :mad:

I was at Sams club a few years ago and was getting some tires on the ZJ. I told him I wanted P235's. He looked in his book and told me he could only sale me 205's and 225's mounted, as his book only listed 205's & 225's as the only tire that fit. Told me that I could buy the tires and take them somewhere else to mount. :nuts:

I had to show him the tire info on the door of what tires were on the Jeep from the factory. He had to get the manager to look at it and make some calls to AK to aprove it :nuts: If not for the price on the tires I would have told him what to do with his tires :chillin: