09 trucks

a1awind

ok guys how do you feel about the 09 ram and f150 ?

I was a bit disapointed with the f150 ...i figured it would be available with more power and the lack of standard tranny in either truck is very dissapointing. I am interested in seeing however, how the rams coils hold up compared with leaf.

My two cents...

I would not get anything like that, or that new for that manner. The problem is everthing is going to high tech. Where it's impossible to work on your stuff, that you have to take it in. Nice to be able to add a powerchip but even then you limited. I have enough trouble with me CPS then to think of all the electrical BS that is involed with these things. And she's ugly too. See it's all about the economy now with the gas and how much gas you can get out of every mile. I'm not one to like paying high gas prices but hey you raise minimal wage it's going to happen you go to war it's going to happen you drive a truck your not going to get good gas milege.

jamminz.gif

:rant:

That front end looks like something from the 40's like an Hudson or a Tucker front end :shake:

Allpar: It was mention during the reveal that no one has used a coil sprung rear in a pickup since GM used it in the 1970s. Those trucks were known to have poor handling loaded, and excessive wheelhop on acceleration when unloaded. How were these problems addressed?

Yup, I remember seeing several Chevy pickup dead on the road with the rear end several feet away from the truck :roll:

Just a fancy grocery getter. Toss a unit of CDX ply in the back of that thing and see how it handles :brows:

The cargo box storage is a good idea, when the wheel wells rot out, at least you can get to the back sides ;)

The smart thing is to turn the glove box into a cooler to toss in something other than Coke in there :D

And 2X on all the electronics, turn light bulb burns out, could cost you $1500 to get it replaced.

No thanks, I'll stick with my 20 year old MJ and 14 year old Ford van.

:rant:

And 2X on all the electronics, turn light bulb burns out, could cost you $1500 to get it replaced.

No thanks, I'll stick with my 20 year old MJ and 14 year old Ford van.

Yes, but you know we will have to bite it some time. Just look at how things have changed from when we were young :D

If you recall electric wipers were hi-tech and was going to be hard for you to work on :cheers: Boy I miss the vac wipers and how you could make them stop when you would take off from a light ;)

the pic for the 09 ram i saw looked like a new tundra

you mean the tundra looks like a ram

OP, you're asking the wrong question...it's not a jeep and therefore worthless.

How does that work? The Tundra isn't the one that just got updated. So he was correct, the new Ram looks like the Tundra. Toyota didn't look into the future when designing the new Tundra 2 years ago and copy off of Chyrslers 2009 design.

As for it not being a Jeep, we are just going to have to settle for something else. Jeep has said several times in recent years that they have no plans to introduce a pickup in their line, despite two awesome concept vehicles. I assume Chrysler doesn't want it to cut into their cashcow Ram line. If you ask me (and probobly everyone on a comanche forum) Jeep needs a whole lot more pickup and a whole lot less FWD crossovers in their lineup.

But on the bright side, 2009 looks to be the year of the diesel. All three American manufacturers are introducing light duty diesels for pickups and Honda and BMW for passenger cars. Audis V12 diesel is putting out over 700lb-ft, it is a good time to be an automotive enthusiast. I am especially excited about that 4.5 Duramax since that will probobly end up in everything, as will the baby Cummins without a doubt. I am sure Toyota will also be bringing one of their diesels to stay competative in the truck market, hopefully that awesome new D-4D.

if dodge can do a sterling variant on the ram what would be wrong with a new j10, j20 and even dare i say a j30? dump the dakota and build a new mj. ok now, back to reality. jeep figures that its numbers are in the wrangler and various hummer fighters. A lot of people don't even know that jeep made a pickup. ....kind of a bummer.

one of the guys at shultz ford told me that if you chip or do anykind of reprogramming to the 6.4ltr powerstroke (the new one) it goes into failsafe mode.

See thats exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to all this new sh it

The gov wants to control everything bastards

one of the guys at shultz ford told me that if you chip or do anykind of reprogramming to the 6.4ltr powerstroke (the new one) it goes into failsafe mode.

See thats exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to all this new sh*t

The gov wants to control everything. bastards

Actually, that might be because guys are throwing chips at their trucks left and right and it's conceivable that it's impossible for the shop to know if a chip is what caused the trans to blow up.

I answered this question over a year ago when I wanted to get a pick up truck.

I didn't like ANYTHING the big three made.

So I ended up with an MJ. "Why?" one might ask.

The MJ is Easy to work on, and parts are readily available.

And I could put a bench seat in it!

As far as Dodge making any new jeep vehicles, forget it. The people at Dodge have thier heads so far up thier Butts it's disgusting.

The Best thing that could happen to Jeep, would be if Dodge Chrysler sold them off to some company who has people with BRAINS at the board meetings!