Extra clean mj on ebay..

jtdesigns

Buy it Now price: US $4,800.00 :nuts: :eek:

That is just a little crazy, but who knows...he may find the right sucker.

Yes, if the shocks are gas charged you can turn them upside down, but hydraulics will stop working if you do that to them.

Buy it Now price: US $4,800.00 :nuts: :eek:

That is just a little crazy, but who knows...he may find the right sucker.

Yes, if the shocks are gas charged you can turn them upside down, but hydraulics will stop working if you do that to them.

Yeah, even $3K is insane. I ran the VIN; it's never been out of TN so I doubt if it was repainted because of body cancer and the mileage looks legit. I have to go to Chattanooga in a couple of days, so I'll try to see it, and make sure I bring a magnet. :eek: :eek:

i have heard that magnet thing before but don't remember what for.

you use the magnet to find filler,,"bondo",, If you look down the side of the truck you should be able to tell if alot was used. Any paint job thats done "right" will have a lil filler here and there.. You just don't want a whole sheet of it though..

I simple refrigerator magnet will stick to steel, but not to rust or body filler. The weak magnets work best since a strong one can still attract to the metal underneath.

Gee......A ComancheClub magnet card just found a new use :D

I knew there was a reason you order them.

In the add -

"will tickle your Jeep Comanche lover bones when u see it in person."

:jump:

I simple refrigerator magnet will stick to steel, but not to rust or body filler. The weak magnets work best since a strong one can still attract to the metal underneath.

Gee......A ComancheClub magnet card just found a new use :D

I knew there was a reason you order them.

In the add - "will tickle your Jeep Comanche lover bones when u see it in person." :jump:

Yeah Bob, I preparing to be tickled. I just don't like the way this ad was written up. But I guess it appeals to some. :nuts: :nuts:

Since I plan to be in the AO, might as well take a peek if time permits. Too bad it's not a POS, since all I really want is the 4WD stuff.

Since I plan to be in the AO, might as well take a peek if time permits. Too bad it's not a POS, since all I really want is the 4WD stuff.

Why are you looking at MJs for 4wd stuff? Go find a late model XJ and get some better-then-we-ever-got good stuff. :D

Ah yea......2X on the XJ for a donor.

But Don, I see your point, but in your case, find a early 90's XJ for $500+ and do the 4wd conversion to your MJ, your way ahead, dump the extra XJ parts, and get some $$ for the scrap body.

Or even convert the XJ to 2wd with your left over parts.

And save another MJ from being molested :D

There are plenty of crashed / rolled / rodded out XJ's out there, for cheep.

I think we all have seen the price on the MJ's jump in the past year. I for one like seeing the price rise on these, But I wouldn't pay that kind of $$ for one unless it's been gone thru, all seals replaced, top notch running condition, and none of this TLC BS needed. At least that's my plan with a couple in the herd, have them completely gone thru, road ready, and no surprises down the road.

As far as a re-paint, we all know the clear coat is a problem with the jeeps, and if the guy did the proper prep work, and replaced sheet metal for patch panels, then that raises the value of the truck. And checking the body is important to see if it was done properly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this auction end early with the buy it now price.

Ah yea......2X on the XJ for a donor.

But Don, I see your point, but in your case, find a early 90's XJ for $500+ and do the 4wd conversion to your MJ, your way ahead, dump the extra XJ parts, and get some $$ for the scrap body.

Or even convert the XJ to 2wd with your left over parts.

And save another MJ from being molested :D

There are plenty of crashed / rolled / rodded out XJ's out there, for cheep.

I think we all have seen the price on the MJ's jump in the past year. I for one like seeing the price rise on these, But I wouldn't pay that kind of $$ for one unless it's been gone thru, all seals replaced, top notch running condition, and none of this TLC BS needed. At least that's my plan with a couple in the herd, have them completely gone thru, road ready, and no surprises down the road.

As far as a re-paint, we all know the clear coat is a problem with the jeeps, and if the guy did the proper prep work, and replaced sheet metal for patch panels, then that raises the value of the truck. And checking the body is important to see if it was done properly.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this auction end early with the buy it now price.

Yeah, that's the key - finding a decent 4WD MJ for cheap. Not easy to do now as you said. I've found several sitting in fields while driving around AL, GA, TN, and MS, but all were 2WD. Great bodies on most of them though. The TN rig on this thread I'm sure will be too much. But I'll find the right one eventually. :D

Don - I think we need to meet half way here.......you got the good rust free body's down there, I got the rusted out ones up here with 4wd :D Sound like a plan?? :brows:

Yup, does sound like a plan. :D Too bad you were not closer. In a lot of places out in the sticks down here the word has not gone out on MJ values. I'm certain eventually I WILL find an excellent 4WD MJ donor w. a good body, probably w. a blown engine, and been sitting awhile. Tons of Fords and Chevies p/u's like that people will give away free just to get rid of them. I'll swap out front axles; stick a good JY engine in the donor MJ, and hopefully break even by selling the new 2WD. Plus will save another MJ from the wreckers. :cheers:

But then you'd have the same sucky gears, small U-joints, and that stupid CAD that (almost) all MJs came with. :( Why would you want that in your truck? Right now you could have anything. Don't pin yourself down to the crap that Jeep put out back in the day. You can go out and get better than stock. :D

Tons of Fords and Chevies p/u's like that people will give away free just to get rid of them. I'll swap out front axles; stick a good JY engine in the donor MJ, and hopefully break even by selling the new 2WD. Plus will save another MJ from the wreckers. :cheers:

Ever find someone with a YJ in a field they want to give away let me know :D I want to get one and put a 2.5 or a small diesel in for a cheep DD :cheers: