1990 shortbed with 2000 swap

After many XJ's I finally found an MJ. So I popped the trailer on behind the diesel and headed down to Arkansas to pick it up. Per the vin It was a 2wd 4 cylinder manual truck. One of the previous owners had already swapped in a 8.25 in place of the broken D35. In the bed was a 140k 4.0l and underneath was a LP and a HP D30. 

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

Parts are coming from a 2000 Classic XJ that had been rear-ended, Totally wasted the body of the XJ but perfect to pull parts from!

Got it to the shop and wasted no time in stripping it down.

IMG_1263.JPG

Out came the 2wd front axle and the wiring from the previous owner.

The core support and some of the frame needed a quick repair.

Decided to paint the engine bay black now so the engine can go in before paint.

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1271.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the complement's gents! 

Pulled the bed off and started stripping the paint. Laid primer the underside, then after that had cured did the top side.

Now on to some fab work. I want to retain as much of the donor Jeep as possible, So the spare tire carrier was deleted and the XJ fuel tank was mounted in its place. It really mounted up well with enough clearance for everything.

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

1 hour ago, grainofsalt said:

Thanks for the complement's gents! 

Pulled the bed off and started stripping the paint. Laid primer the underside, then after that had cured did the top side.

Now on to some fab work. I want to retain as much of the donor Jeep as possible, So the spare tire carrier was deleted and the XJ fuel tank was mounted in its place. It really mounted up well with enough clearance for everything.

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

Looking like glass! Gosh I want to do this to mine if only I could find the time :rolleyes: