Special deal on upgraded fuel injectors for 4.0L

I remembered reading about it on wikipedia, so you know...take this with a heaping spoonful of salt, but for what it's worth:

The 1987 RENIX 4.0 made 173 hp (129 kW) and 220 ft·lbf (298 N·m) of torque. In 1988 the 4.0 received higher flowing fuel injectors, upping output to 177 hp (132 kW) and 224 ft·lbf (304 N·m).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Straight_6_engine#4.0

Yea...don't put any faith in that ;) . I work at a Jeep dealership in the parts department and I just double checked my research. The injector part number was the same, and only one choice, for '87 - '90.

WIKI is just a place that anyone can go and put stuff in unfortunately.

Here is the latest info from Wojtek at Precision Auto Injectors. I have spent several hours assisting him in coming up with these applications and they are accurate to the best of our combined ability.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will create all separate ads to make things easy on my website. The injectors that are being sold now fit the following vehicles:

Jeep 1989-95 5.2L

Jeep 1987-95 4.0L

Jeep 1991-95 2.5L

The ad I have now says they also fit 1996-1998 but it will run lean so I will be changing them and if anyone purchased them please contact me I will send you the correct ones free of charge with a pre-paid label to send the original ones back.

Jeep 1996-98 5.2/5.9

Jeep 1996-98 4.0

Jeep 1996-2002 2.5L

I will be creating the ads by the end of the week on my website but anyone that wants to purchase can PM Brent with your email address to pass on to me and I'll send you an invoice. They have a pricing of $85 for the 2.5L, $115 for 4.0L, and $150 for 5.2/5.9L. These prices are shipped and are discounted as when I'm done on the website they will be all higher.

I also have injectors fit the 4.0L, 5.2L, 5.9L engines in 99+ vehicles. I have a REALLY limited amount of these injectors (only 16 at the moment) and the pricing is as followed:

$140 for 4.0L and $175 5.2L/5.9L applications. Once again these are shipped and in the future I would love to lower these prices but I purchased these cores for top dollar just to have them available to members and will encourage core returns highly to make them available to others.

Thanks for all of your orders so far...

Wojtek

I would really like to put these in my 97 wrangler because I want to increase my MPG would this be a good option for it?
Yes...they typically will help with MPG, smoother idle, easier start and maybe even a little more power. It's not going to give you a 5 MPG increase, but you could see 1-2 MPG...and for the price that would be worth it.

Too bad he doesn't have 24# sets available. The stroker guys would be all over them. Also, I read somewhere that the OEM keeper clip for the electrical collection doesn't fit on the Ford/Bosch injectors. This true?
Actually...I believe he does have some of the 24# available now...but in very limited quantity. I will check with him on those tonight.

I had no problem with any of the clips on mine.

Actually...I believe he does have some of the 24# available now...but in very limited quantity. I will check with him on those tonight. I had no problem with any of the clips on mine.

If he does, I wouldn't mind posting it up on the strokers forum.

Actually...I believe he does have some of the 24# available now...but in very limited quantity. I will check with him on those tonight. I had no problem with any of the clips on mine.

If he does, I wouldn't mind posting it up on the strokers forum.

I just got off of the phone with him. He does have them, but they are posted on his site in sets of 8 right now. He is going to get them posted in sets of 6 within the next 48 hours or so and let me know when they are ready. I will let you know ASAP when they are up on the site for you.

If I remember right there was a upgrade in the 88 injectors over the 87 injectors, right? I thought the 88 and up renix had more power than the 87, so can I expect a power increase with these in my 87 4.0?

The injectors were not changed between '87 and '88. The renix era 4,0L used the same injector among all years.

And just for reference, the following is a list of the injectors used on the 4.0L since 1987 along with their rated static flow:

Model Year Part Number Color Fuel Pressure Static Flow

1987-1990 53003956 Black 39psi 18.6lb/hr

1991-1993 33007127 Brown 39psi 21.0lb/hr

1994-1995 53030343 Tan 39psi 21.0lb/hr

1996-1999 53030778 Grey 49psi 23.2lb/hr

1999-2006 04854181 Blue Tip 49psi 22.5lb/hr

The injector flow rate varies as the square root of the pressure drop across the injector. The stock '91-'95 4.0 injectors are rated at 22lb/hr @ 43psi fuel pressure, so at 39psi they flow ( sq. rt.(39/43) x 22.0 = 21.0 ).

OK...sorry guys...I have been very busy lately with our Jeep T-Shirt/Hat business and have missed a couple posts here so let me get caught up.

I talked to Wojtek today and he has had to go to NY for a week or so on family business, but he will be back in Orlando on Tuesday or Wednesday. He is trying to get the site set up with the 24lb injectors for the Stroker guys tonight, but no promises.

How is he remaning them? (ie. what method is being used to clean them?)
He gives a full description of the process on his site. Click Here to see it.

OK...well, he just called me from NY as I posted my previous reply. He said he will have the site updated later tonight with the 24lb injectors in a set of 6 so please check the site either later tonight or tomorrow.

BLHtaz. I don't think I read that post right. Does he need our old injectors back? I just changed mine last week.

I think he only wants the old ones back if they are the upgraded style, but I will ask him as soon as possible for sure. I already had the Ford injectors in the MJ, but they were used ones that I bought on eBay for $20 so he wanted them back, but I don't think he will want the Jeep injectors.

I'll get back to you on that though.

OK...well, he just called me from NY as I posted my previous reply. He said he will have the site updated later tonight with the 24lb injectors in a set of 6 so please check the site either later tonight or tomorrow.

Okay, will do.

Okay, will do.

Nothing yet..........

Anyone can sell their stuff in the classifieds as long as it's under control (I don't need a whole bunch of posts from a single guy clogging everything up). As long as they remember that this is a Jeep classifieds forum, not their own personal store front. :cheers:

OK...the 24lb injectors are up. He has created a whole Jeep page on his site now. You can go to www.precisionautoinjectors.com and navigate from there to the Jeep page.

The 24lb injectors are here... http://precisionautoinjectors.com/produ ... oductId=11 The ad says 96 - 98 Grand Cherokee / Wagoneer, but I called him to confirm that they are the 24lb Ford Motorsport injectors.

The newer versions (2000 - 2005) are coming soon.

He is still in NY trying to help his father get caught up on rebuilding injectors as they have been very busy and getting behind.