Who owns Comanche club?

Anthi4078

We do, indeed, owe this place to Pete Montie.

Doesn't seem like that long ago, but almost 20 years ago I had it in my head that the world needed a forum dedicated to Comanches. I was going to create one, except that I had no idea whatsoever how to set up or operate an Internet forum. And then I woke up one day to find that some dude had gone ahead and done what I didn't know how to do ... so I joined up.

Seriously, that WAS almost 20 years ago. My join date was October of 2005, so it has been 18 years. And I believe I was one of the first members (other than Pete). Even though it's called the Comanche Club, Pete has never charged any dues or subscription fees, so if anyone can afford to chip in a few ducats to help Pete keep this place alive, you'll be helping the entire Comanche community.

On 9/28/2023 at 10:34 PM, fiatslug87 said:

But before that was the Yahoo group that I believe Pete took over.

Everything has a back story. Before there was NAXJA, there was an XJ forum that I belonged to for several years. Then one day, just after having conducted a fund raiser to help defray the cost of hosting the forum, the guy who owned the site ghosted us. I don't remember the sordid details, but the bottom line was that he took the money and disappeared. The rest of us couldn't keep it going because the guy owned the domain name (which I don't remember now) and the hosting company would deal with us because he was their client.

So several people did another fund raiser, we collected enough money to buy a domain name, buy some forum software, and put up a new forum. NAXJA was born -- I'm a charter (lifetime) member as part of the group that provided the seed money and started NAXJA.

And that's why I was (and am) so glad that Pete had what it takes to get this forum up and running.