Opinions?

Joe Dirt

lots of variables going on here.  what's the tire size?  bolt pattern?  what's the backspacing?  10" wide is a heck of a width.  got the lift and axles and gears to support them? 

just because it's a good deal, doesn't mean it's a good idea. 

4 hours ago, Joe Dirt said:

What's you guys take on something like this on my 87 long bed?  I think $700 bucks is an unreal price for Rock Star 17x10 wheels with those Nitto tires. 

Screenshot_20230205_104821.jpg

All i know is they're 5x5 bolt pattern off a 2011 wrangler 4door. I hate running adapters but for 700 bucks even if they don't work out i can probably double my money resale.....

If you’re in a more densely populated area you might be able to find something, but the last couple sets of tires I needed to buy I gave up on used. If I could find something worth running I was looking at almost the cost of buying a new set of tires that were actually something I wanted to run. Anything with more than half tread left on it was ten years old, and anything less than five had under 30% life. And people still were wanting over half the price of something new for that. Or they only have three of them, and there’s no other matching tires around. Not to mention no one ever has tires you want on wheels you want, so you’re usually looking at two sets to separate and then trying to sell off the unwanted pieces.
Maybe I’m being too picky, but when the only thing keeping you on the road or trail is those four bitty little patches of rubber… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if you can find a good deal on anything, jump on it. It won’t last. 

You should buy them and run them with 2"+ wheel spacers. Add as many cheap LED aftermarket lights on your rig as possible, there's lots of real estate to mount awful lights that blind oncoming traffic. Then put some "angry eyes" on your headlights, simple black electrical tape will do. Now you're a real Jeeper.

J/K, save your money and get the tires and wheels you want the first time. Buy once cry once.

1 hour ago, Airborne Janitor said:

You should buy them and run them with 2"+ wheel spacers. Add as many cheap LED aftermarket lights on your rig as possible, there's lots of real estate to mount awful lights that blind oncoming traffic. Then put some "angry eyes" on your headlights, simple black electrical tape will do. Now you're a real Jeeper.

J/K, save your money and get the tires and wheels you want the first time. Buy once cry once.

Lol, love it!!!

12 hours ago, Airborne Janitor said:

You forgot the 2 dozen rubber ducks on the dash. 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I keep forgetting about that. :doh: do we have it as a writeup in the DIY yet?

If someone wants to post pictures, I can take a few. Looks about the same as a regular WJ swap though. Also, if people were interested in porting heads and bigger valves, I have one of my heads apart.