Jeep Comanche overland on YouTube

Htchevyii

Hi guys, 

My wife recently started a YouTube channel  of our adventures. I have had the 1988 Comanche since I was a kid in 1995. Now we are old, but can afford to risk driving a 34 year old truck thousands of miles from home. It been on several trips, one over 2800 miles to Death Valley and Mojave. The last trip ended on kind of a sour note, but it wasn't the Jeep's fault. It's getting some upgrades and will be back on the road soon. Please check it out if you like. 

ps://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCUwO90LMyZCxrYMzhP6Jwg

Camp out west US

Screenshot_20220727-210018.png

Screenshot_20220727-210152.png

Screenshot_20220727-210157.png

Screenshot_20220727-155613.png

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

you can link the individual videos directly into your posts here. :L: 

Apparently, when someone uses a link to go to the video, it doesn't count as a view. The viewer has to actually hit the play button. We are so far from being monetized I don't really think it matters, though. I'm hoping the channel will go well enough that she will stick with it, and we will get to go on more adventures.

Nice! I'll watch some tonight for sure. Interested to learn your setup.

I do something similar, except mine has a shell and is far less pretty. On a trip currently and been traveling through Grand Teton National Park the last few days! Forgive the mess. On day 6...

IMG_3602.jpg.733a255fd5e8baf615c36fb6eb073a3c.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg.39074f51b005dd1f412ed95425cfd835.jpg

Great stuff!  Narration was good and I appreciated that you didn't leave us hanging to find out if you got the truck sorted. 

Side note - I'm impressed you got your lady to take a trip like that without A/C.  That would be relationship suicide in most cases. :rotfl2::L:

Thanks guys we appreciate your support. Hopefully, we will be back in the Jeep soon. Honestly, I was super surprised  when she made the first video. Neither one of us has ever been crazy about the camera. I'm still working on not feeing like a complete dufus in front of the camera, I've been trying to be involved a bit more. 

We just returned from the Oregon Coast and met up with some other YouTubers. There should be a video before too long. Sorry, we had to cheat and take the RAM again. I have 2 weeks and weekends to try to get the Comanche ready for the next trip, I'm going to try, but it's gonna be tough to have it done in time.

howeitsdone, Awesome,  glad to see  you out using it! We used the Ram on the last few trips, I am really appreciating the shell. I feel like the Comanche with the exposed gear screams "here's stuff to steal". I also appreciate the weather and dust protection. I can't decide if a 3/4 height rack to lower the tent a bit or a shell with the lowest profile tent I can afford would be the best solution. Actually, I think that would be ideal, but also the most expensive.

DesertRat1991, we try to plan for mild weather, but Heather has to schedule time off 6 MOS in advance, so we usually have to have backup destinations planned. She sure has been a trooper, despite my insulation efforts, the heat inside the cab really builds up after hours of driving.

@HtchevyiiYou certainly don't have the wind issue for sure, but can fit way more gear under/around a RTT. Pros & cons I suppose. Mine is also a LWB and that extra foot is crucial, I feel, since we don't have backseats to store anything like a fridge. For a SWB I think the RTT is ideal. I'd really like to find a way to build a rack around the topper kind of like you mentioned. There are also tons of ways to build your own RTT for WAY less than buying one.

8 hours ago, howeitsdone said:

@HtchevyiiYou certainly don't have the wind issue for sure, but can fit way more gear under/around a RTT. Pros & cons I suppose. Mine is also a LWB and that extra foot is crucial, I feel, since we don't have backseats to store anything like a fridge. For a SWB I think the RTT is ideal. I'd really like to find a way to build a rack around the topper kind of like you mentioned. There are also tons of ways to build your own RTT for WAY less than buying one.

The Golden Eagle Comanche that Jerry Bain built has a cut down aluminum shell with a rack built around it. So sweet!

Screenshot_20220801-202844.png

Screenshot_20220801-203721.png

• 4 weeks later...