Comanche prices?

I've been looking at that one for sale for over a year, price has come down a lot.  If it had been a stick, I would have seriously considered flying across the country and driving it home.  I did buy my first one in Los Angeles and drove it home to PA.

And yes, Autotempest search is amazing.  That is how I scoured the US for a few years looking for mine.  I would have not found the craigslist ad for mine without it.

Well .. for better or worse, she's mine. Test went good, but like any 30 year old, she has developed some...issues.

Steering column has 0.375" wobble.

Driver's door hinge is wonky; only opens half way.

And what almost squirreled the deal... has a ...little bit...of knock. Dang.

But upon closer listening and looking at the invaluable links on this site I am 90% certain it is the flex plate bolts. Sitting here in Porterville having the trans fluids changed and flex plate/bolts looked. If it is the bolts and this fixes it, I'm off back to Tucson tomorrow. If it does not fix it, then I am still off tomorrow, and will deal with big end bearings once I get her home.

If anybody ever needs a Jeep tranny looked at here in Porterville, I literally stumbled into Wilson's Tranny and 4WD. Donny is knowledgeable, helpful, fit me in today, and they have a lot of really cool projects about the place in various stages of progress.

PXL_20220707_202233476.jpg

I posted a reply after, but for some reason it is now gone.  Maybe the mods think I rambled on too much...:doh:

Short and sweet, the Red Queen from Ebay has a new home! :grinyes:

Spent 14 hours today driving her 750 miles, through Parker AZ at mid-afternoon where it was 110F, keeping up with 75MPH traffic with the AC on high.

Fun stuff! 

Keeping with the thread title, he was at $28k earlier (as recommended by his "Agent"), lowered it to $18k recently on ebay. I got it for a bit less than his current asking; and there were (2) offers behind mine.  He also sold it to me directly, although it was listed through the Agent. Oddly enough (at least to me) this particular Agent charges a flat rate fee up front, so it is not conditional upon a % cut of the sale price.  That "direct from private seller" enabled me to not have to pay sales tax here in AZ.  If it was through a dealer, AZ nicks you an additional 9%! Ouch!

For comparison, there are a pair on ebay at $14k and $22K, nicely bracketing mine.

There are also some current ads that look great on Auto Trader - although they are all from east of the Mississippi, so corrosion would need to be looked at closely. 

Those range from $15k to $25k asking.  Note that there is ...apparently... some room in their prices.  The nice white one in PA ($18900, although only 2WD) was my next choice; they offered to eat the $2k shipping to Tucson; but by then I was flying to Fresno...

So. Y'all are welcome for me supporting the rise in prices of sold Comanche's...

:L:

Unrelated question: Where do noobs post intros?  On several other sites I am on, many have a dedicated thread; but all I can find here is the one for starting a new project. Maybe that's it? Apologize if I missed it.

huh, that was weird.  I think you may have accidentally hidden your own post? :thinking:  there's nothing about hiding a post recorded in any of the mod logs. :dunno:

anywho, I've unhidden it for ya. :L: 

I seem to remember we had an intro thread many, many moons ago.  usually guys introduce themselves and their trucks in their Project thread.  :L: 

https://comancheclub.com/forum/8-member-projects-your-comanches/

• 6 months later...

I've been watching Comanche prices again lately. I'm not planning on buying anytime soon, nor do I plan on selling ever, I'm just keeping an eye on the market. It is crazy that most nice driveable ones are $10,000 now it seems like. By no means does that upset me because it means that my truck is worth more. It does make adding more to the collection more difficult, not that that is a bad thing for me right now.

Yeah they have seriously went up. I've had lots of work done to mine and it runs amazing. Rust free. Dealers have gave me insultingly low estimates. The interior is like new and the paint is sunbaked because it's set out in the sun all its life. I've checked and my mechanic have checked thoroughly for rust and it's rust free. I am genuinely curious on what it is indeed worth nowadays 

Hard to say what it's worth without actually selling it. But to insure a truck that is reasonably nice, I wouldn't go less than 8 grand, maybe even 10 grand. Minor accidents can easily hit four grand in repairs. And that would total out your truck if you just took the number that the insurance company says it's worth. :(

It's never had a accident. It has all the paperwork, window sticker and the old service card it came with. Manual too. It doesn't have any body damage whatsoever except faded paint from being 35 years old. A dealer at the dodge, jeep, ram dealership said best he could do was $1,350. Even though it has nearly full service records, driven easy and mechanically well maintained.

24 minutes ago, Classy Comanche said:

It's never had an accident. It has all the paperwork, window sticker and the old service card it came with. Manual too. It doesn't have any body damage whatsoever except faded paint from being 35 years old. A dealer at the dodge, jeep, ram dealership said best he could do was $1,350. Even though it has nearly full service records, driven easy and mechanically well maintained.

Tell him he’s missing a zero or two :laugh:. Most dealerships I’ve been to are just not car guys. They have no metric by which to judge prices for these kinds of vehicles. 

Safe to say, high MJ prices are not just temporarily inflated. They are on an upwards trend overall. I’m sure there will be some bumps along the way.

Yeah it was a low blow. I just shook my head and walked out the dealership. Just wish I could kinda get an idea as to what it's worth because dealerships won't even give me anything above 2k just because it's old and has rough paint. I don't plan on selling ever I just want to know just for the sake of knowing