Pull my hair out shop

Finally have a shop of my own! 40x60. Witha full length lean to off the back. 

We have been waiting since August.... Lots of issues with the company putting the building up. Once ots all done I'll go into more detail. 

The building is a light gauge steel tube structure with metal siding. 2 10x10 roll up doors 2 man doors amd 2 Windows is the plan. Once its up I'll do the wiring and interior finishing. But for now I just have a slab!

20220203_131246_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, Pete M said:

fixed it for ya. :D 

😂 I tried starting a rumor with the neighbors I was intalling a tennis court. 

I guess I should give some back story. 

I have been fortunate to have some nice shops to work in. But never for an extended period. I had a 30x40 at my parents. But never worked on the jeep in it. I started my business there. Then moved to two other shops before I sold out my business. Tjose shops were business only. No wrenching on my stuff! I kept a lot of the equipmet. (Metal fab) but i will finally have all my tools under one roof (mechanics stuff stored at parents)  looking forward to getting the manche home and turning some wrenches!

• 10 months later...

Its been a long painful process. That's putting it lightly. Lots of quality issues and just poor communication.  But its up. The crew finished in July. I had a punch list. They came back and did half of the fixes. Some angry calls back and forth etc. Oh well. Its up. 

I wired in its own 200 amp service. 110 outlet every other post. 20 8' led lights. I need to run my 220 plugs for welder compressor lathe mill etc. But that dang wire is so expensive! Right now I'm hanging metal siding on the interior walls. I tore down the old shed and moved all that junk in. Once it dries up it will be finished graded. Gravel. Then mive in for real!

20221218_085324_HDR.jpg

20221015_104208.jpg

20220907_123620_HDR.jpg

20220906_180104.jpg

20220716_185830.jpg

20230115_125936.jpg

Man that's great.  I can only imagine the headaches to get to this point.  I get it though, I bought my current house based almost exclusively on the shop building, and the impact berm for shooting.  I've seriously considered a second building intended only for parking space, but dealing with people to get the work done has held me back.  I'd be interested to hear your experience if you decide/have time to share.

Thanks guys. It shoukdnt have been that hard. It took them a year to come out and install. The slab is a disaster if you walk to fast across it you get seasick. And it has multiple cracks. Maybe one day I'll do a full write up of all the shenanigans that went on. 

But I'm happy its up and once I start turning wrenches and fabbing stuff up I'll forget all about it