1988 SWB Comanche Build

Welllll. Not a great day but that’s how it goes. Pulled the bad starter and the fuel tank. Plan was to drill the top of the tank and install a Dakota sending unit. Found a lot of rust. So I had to order a non slosh tank. Also even went and found my old tank from my TDI swapped mj and found it with no rust, but it had a slosh pan too. 

A38D2171-7F73-47B1-A0B5-13907C15A385.jpeg

So on the bottom row of the VIN plate should be the paint code. I can’t tell if it’s the 33(which isn’t right) or the 6VT or YT. Would you mind seeing what is all on that plate? There should also be some letters before the 33. But I think that paint might be sterling metallic. 

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

So on the bottom row of the VIN plate should be the paint code. I can’t tell if it’s the 33(which isn’t right) or the 6VT or YT. Would you mind seeing what is all on that plate? There should also be some letters before the 33. But I think that paint might be sterling metallic. 

It says CB 33 6YT

5 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ooo ok. CB is the paint code and it’s Buff Yellow. That’s an uncommon one. That makes more sense since we are seein the bigger picture. 

Okay thanks. I’m gonna see if I can’t find some once this baby is a driver. 

So when I bought this truck I was told it needed a new starter and fuel pump. Well yesterday I got both pulled and I installed the new starter and went to bump it over and just a single click. Brand new starter but the battery however is an older battery. I re charged it overnight very slowly and I’m wondering if that could be the issue. But I thought usually the single click indicated it was a starter. Also when I checked the fuse block the starter fuse was missing so I replaced it, but still nothing. I guess I’m gonna go get the battery tested after work today. 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, jdog said:

I would verify the engine will turn over manually

It does turn over freely. I have power to the starter I just tested it and the battery both are good. It seems like something to do with the key ignition but I’m not sure where to go from there. Not really trying to replace a bunch of parts that aren’t necessarily the problem. 

38 minutes ago, Caleb S said:

Relays and fuses were all good that I have seen so far. Next I’m gonna get a look at the ign

Put the Volta meter to the fuse block and when I turn the key it gets a good reading. So I’m getting signal from the key to the fuse block and to the starter. So I’m kinda stumped. I double checked all my grounds and cleaned them up as well