Around town

War_Pony89

Just wondering what y'all experience is lately. With the new gladiator running around town I often feel like there is an elephant in the room. Can say I have seen but one wave so far from a gladiator driver.  I'm looking but they're eyes are forward for some reason. The whole jeep wave thing seems like a farce of marketing.  Used to ride MC all the time, and even then there was some folks you just didn't wave at, so IDK.

Since my paint job I do get a lot more 'nice ride, don't see many of those anymore'. At least the buying offers have stopped.  Curious what others experience. 

You need to drop by the dealership and make friends with them.   :laugh:   I did this early on a week day morning and few mechanics on their way in stopped to talk.  They figured mine was probably a lot easier to work on.  

I've had a few Gladiator drivers wave.   JK & JL drivers ... forget it.   I rarely see XJ's on the road (other than mine!) but they usually do. 

user29786_pic96693_1567687078.jpg.479275878afe71fd00e5d82c9160fa41.jpg

The more I’ve been hanging out with “normies” lately the more I realize most people don’t actually notice much about what other people are driving. We had an incident reported over our staff radio the other day with intent to be passed along to law enforcement, and the only information eyewitness had about the offending vehicle was that it was a white SUV.

Older trucks, especially smaller ones, don’t attract a ton of attention unless someone knows what they’re looking at, and older vehicles in general don’t necessarily reflect demographics everyone buying new vehicles wants to associate unless the vehicle is old enough to be valuable.

4 hours ago, PCO6 said:

You need to drop by the dealership and make friends with them.   :laugh:   I did this early on a week day morning and few mechanics on their way in stopped to talk.  They figured mine was probably a lot easier to work on.  

You may be on to something here, I could probably find someone who does moon lighting. I live about .5 mile  from a jeep dealer. Been wanting to swing by, but I am leery of the savage salesmen.

46 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

older vehicles in general don’t necessarily reflect demographics everyone buying new vehicles wants to associate unless the vehicle is old enough to be valuable.

LOL, my wife says the same thing about my truck, blah blah blah your a professional for cry'n out loud....

Although, I will say about 20% of the comments are get are from women which surprised me.

I don't mind being my own demographic, I do feel invisible though, no body bothers me including the police...(knock on wood)

1 hour ago, War_Pony89 said:

I saw that Gladiator sitting on the display podium at the dealership one day.   I took my camera with me the next day.   It was like they wanted me to park my MJ next to it!   :laugh:

1 hour ago, War_Pony89 said:

LOL, my wife says the same thing about my truck, blah blah blah your a professional for cry'n out loud....

Although, I will say about 20% of the comments are get are from women which surprised me.

I don't mind being my own demographic, I do feel invisible though, no body bothers me including the police...(knock on wood)

Well there is this:

55 minutes ago, PCO6 said:

I saw that Gladiator sitting on the display podium at the dealership one day.   I took my camera with me the next day.   It was like they wanted me to park my MJ next to it!   :laugh:

Shoot , that's a good marketing tool right there! Park my truck  (after a wash) and draw in the flies, then it's salesmen feeding time. May be on to something here.