A couple of spicy time capsule XJs

Love the 85. Something tells me it’s original but has a couple problems which might tell me it’s a late 85 with the front turn signal sockets not coming on with the rest of the lights. The 4x4 could be just one of the early change overs from the classic 4wheel drive but it’s hard to say when that happened. Still a very neat time capsule. 

6 hours ago, Gjeep said:

All the stripes, emblems and moldings are crooked or wavy on the ‘88. 

Yeah, and that's not even half of what's offputting with it, and there's no fantasy universe where it's worth 15k. Still kinda neat as a 2dr Limited though.

I'd probably opt for that '88 Limited too but the two-tone paint and Turbine wheels on the '85 sure looks nice.  

I have a white '89 2 dr. Limited.   I was never a fan of the gold trim and wheels.   The previous owner said he removed it all of the gold which is what I would have done too.   I've since replaced all of the badges with chrome ones.  I also put MOAB wheels on it.   Although he said he removed all of the gold he missed the rocker cover.   Most of it has worn off but it still has hints of gold paint at the rear.    I don't recall Limiteds having gold rocker covers when they were new but I don't ever recall looking either.   Mine is pretty original other than the above changes.   If anyone can confirm if they came with gold rocker covers I'd appreciate it.