My state has gone crazy again

jdog

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh... finally decided to clear off the CJ so it’s not such a chore tomorrow morning. Then I made the mistake of moving it out into the road so I could clear out the parking spots. I crept forward about 30’... just far enough that the road starts heading down hill. The parking spots look good, the Jeep won’t reverse what with the freezing rain underneath the snow from yesterday morning, so I decide to go around the block.

BIG MISTAKE!!! :brickwall:

The road up to my place is a bigger hill. “Yeah! I’ll just make a run at it!” I turn to go down the hill and I feel the Jeep turning sideways on me. “Just what I need... a Jeep on its side when I catch a tire on something.” Turns out the only thing I caught was the ditch at the end of the hill. The CJ went in DEEP. First time in my life I’ve ever winched off a stop sign post! So I get myself out of the ditch only to find that the left rear hub must be frozen. I can back up but only break loose the right rear trying to go forward. Fine... backing up... more backing up... then I caught a rut and it pulls me into the NEXT ditch. This was now the SECOND time I winched off a stop sign post. Finally I see headlights in the distance and I flagged down the driver. He’s cool with giving me a tug forward and it broke loose the left rear. We part ways, I can now give the hill a good run, and I made my way back home.

Nope... didn’t get any pictures. :fistshake2:

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

eep!  when going around the block is that level of adventure, maybe it's a good day to stay home. :peep:

Sure was. Went outside to shovel four times today. Apparently this was one too many. :furious2:

3rd time for me.  Both my drivers are in the garage so no cleaning it off.  Took the XJ on 32" Duratracs for a spin.  Plenty of places a regular car would get stuck.  They're plowing but it's still blowing so it's drifting up a bit.

15 minutes ago, jdog said:

lucky, i really need to get the garage cleaned up enough to fit more then 1 car in it

Yeah, I moved the MJ to make room for the other vehicles for this reason.  Once spring takes hold I'll probably shuffle them out to make room for the project work.