What type cj is this?

Jesse J

Most likely a CJ5.

That shape door was CJ2 through CJ6.  The CJ6 is a stretched CJ5 where the back end is longer and that's obviously not a 6.  It looks like the fenders are from a CJ5 so that's what I'd bank on.

The CJ7 and CJ8 had a "square" bottom to the door (with rounded corners).  The rear axle was about a foot further back and they didn't need to have the door go up and around the wheel well.

10 minutes ago, FrankTheDog said:

Can you get a closer look at the picture and see what the emblem under Jeep says?

can't tell out. doesn't look like a v or a 6 maybe jl? again can't tell old photo. found this photo as well doesn't help but is just one more

IMG-0910.JPG

35 minutes ago, FrankTheDog said:

Can you get a closer look at the picture and see what the emblem under Jeep says?

It is the V6 Dauntless emblem. I was at AMC the other day and they had a CJ fender that had that emblem on it. I wanted it but didnt want to deprive someone from restoring their early CJ.

This isn't mine but I had one just like it minus the Mickey Mouse ear lights on the roof back in the mid '70s (red with a white top, doors and wheels).   It was a '69 CJ5 set up for snow plowing.   It along with other gas station work pretty much got me through college.   It had the Dauntless engine which was great.   One of my most vivid memories of it was how stiff the clutch was.   It was either in or out and not much in between which wasn't the best thing for plowing.   It also had a 6' Meyers plow and Meyers half cab and steel doors and that was it, no soft top or doors.   

I remember in 1974 driving my buddy to the dealership with it to pick up his new CJ5 which was set up the same but with a soft top and doors.   It also had a 304 V8 engine.   He and I built and raced off road cars together.   We had occasional races that included CJ5's which seemed huge next to our VW based buggies.

506646019_1969-CJ5.png.53df05492b9465a47bf0472192ceb401.png