Turn signals (or blinky bits)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok now we get to the fun part

behind the taillamp there should be a connector this connector should have 7 wires, we only want to focus on the gray wire right now, you will want to disconnect that connector

once its disconnected put the meter to ohms, the black lead onto the gray wire at the taillight and the red onto pin c or the third one in the row of 4, if you look on the back side you should see the gray wire. we want to test the wire from the connector to the taillight

yep you did it correctly

next one will be a little more difficult, the measurement we want is from the other side of that connector to the steering column

so pin c or third one down/ gray wire to the long connector on the right side of the column. the wire should be gray on one side and yellow on the other of this connector, third one in.

dvom connections: black to the connector behind the taillight red to the long connector on the column set to ohms.

4 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

snapped the clip off the connecter though

that sucks but they are 30 year old plastic, and when you put it back together use a zip-tie to hold em together

2 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

You two should exchange phone numbers :laugh:. You can always post up what the final result is. 

ah i was trying to see if we could beat eaglescouts 2.5 thread

got them fixed today! jumped my fuse box replaced my turn signal switch. my front ones where super super dim so I decided it was a good time to wire up the sockets I have. my passenger one is super bright now but my drivers doesnt work any more