Turn signals (or blinky bits)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either hair drier or a bic

13 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

Yeah that makes sense. So can I like splice in a secondwire off my sockets? And what heat device should I use for the soft solder butt splicers 

• 1 month later...

ok well spring break is this week and I am going to try to fix my turn signals and if I have the time maybe get to building a tcase skid plate but I doubt that will happen. how many wires are supposed to be coming into the housings? I don't think I have enough

3 hours ago, Jesse J said:

both of the sockets I have have 3 wires and the other ones have 4-6 

they should be 3 wires on the right side and possible 6 on the left, the left side feeds the right side other then turn signals.

the dark blue ones should be the parking lamps/taillamps

the black is ground and common on both lights

the gray with a black strip should be left turn signal

and brown should be right turn signal

the last two are also brake lights

2 hours ago, jdog said:

they should be 3 wires on the right side and possible 6 on the left, the left side feeds the right side other then turn signals.

the dark blue ones should be the parking lamps/taillamps

the black is ground and common on both lights

the gray with a black strip should be left turn signal

and brown should be right turn signal

the last two are also brake lights

thanks very helpful. so can I just splice some extra connections in? or how do I make my parts work. also right meaning passenger or driver?

39 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

thanks very helpful. so can I just splice some extra connections in? or how do I make my parts work. also right meaning passenger or driver?

I dunno what yours looks like

When speaking vehicle it's is with you in the driver's seat facing out the windshield so drivers is left.

Ok so the passenger side is the side with the new sockets and things. I have no clue if that is right I just wired it how it was originally wired or at least my best attempt. Sorry the pictures aren’t great 

5806A086-DC50-4B33-A280-7CCFDA535831.jpeg

C7B32432-8D7E-467A-82E6-BCFE82B91C2C.jpeg

530EACDD-15AB-4ED2-98ED-03EA35508FBC.jpeg

11772473-312A-4482-A2B0-89BE0830C7CF.jpeg

61A357D2-5FD3-4454-BE63-A67F57561877.jpeg

Looks like a broken bulb,  when you say darker, sounds like the wires are flipped. As for the reverse lights does it have the trans fuse in the fuse block. Also do you have a test light?

ok early this morning I wired up the rear sockets and everything on the passenger side. the drivers brake light works :banana:. but the rear turn signal is just permanantly on drivers side. and he drivers side reverse light works correctly. the passenger reverse light is backwards on when forward off when backwards. the passenger turn signal is always on and the brake light doesnt come on.