Turn signals (or blinky bits)

4 hours ago, Jesse J said:

ok solid. maybe a trip to the j yard is in my future

No. Do NOT use junkyard sockets for parking/turn signal/brake lights. They will be the same type that already went bad on your truck. There's no way to know if sockets from the junkyard will be any better than what you have. The auto parts houses have a NEW replacement socket, for some Ford model, that's a perfect fit. This is a case where you really REALLY want to go new.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Eagle said:

No. Do NOT use junkyard sockets for parking/turn signal/brake lights. They will be the same type that already went bad on your truck. There's no way to know if sockets from the junkyard will be any better than what you have. The auto parts houses have a NEW replacement socket, for some Ford model, that's a perfect fit. This is a case where you really REALLY want to go new.

ok that is what I figured. 

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Get used to it :roflmao: When I order parts it’s usually hundreds of dollars at a time. 

too much money going out not enough coming in lol. in this case I am more than happy too, piece of mind. same with all the interior fabrics uggh that svit is pricey

5 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

too much money going out not enough coming in lol. in this case I am more than happy too, piece of mind. same with all the interior fabrics uggh that svit is pricey

I probably have about $500 in parts that I ordered when I did my engine swap. Just one order was over $300. If you wanna play, ya gotta pay.

9 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

what part of the tailights are the brake lights?

How the heck should I know? I never let anyone else drive my MJ! :roflmao:

It should be the whole top part above the reverse light IIRC.

Just now, 89 MJ said:

How the heck should I know? I never let anyone else drive my MJ! :roflmao:

It should be the whole top part above the reverse light IIRC.

lol that's a good point. 

isn't that the running light? or does it get brighter?

Just now, Jesse J said:

lol that's a good point. 

isn't that the running light? or does it get brighter?

It just gets brighter :thumbsup:. Turn signals are also the whole thing other than the reverse light, it just turns off the brake/taillight when it is blinking, but the other one stays lit.

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

It just gets brighter :thumbsup:. Turn signals are also the whole thing other than the reverse light, it just turns off the brake/taillight when it is blinking, but the other one stays lit.

thanks! that doesn't make sense exaclty. when I signal it turns the brake/tailight off. also another question my blinkers only worked when my lights where tured on (at leas I think) 

26 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

thanks! that doesn't make sense exaclty. when I signal it turns the brake/tailight off. also another question my blinkers only worked when my lights where tured on (at leas I think) 

Welcome to the American safety standards. It’s actually not required here in the states to have a separate lens for the turn signal but over in euroland it is required. But yes the red lenses are brake/running/blinkers. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Drop the 0 for the first part number and youll find a few. 
quadratec should have them and I prefer them when ordering Jeep parts than other places. 

I found the tailight/brake sockets thanks! no results for the front and reverse ones. Idk what the condition of those is

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

Lol yeah I was like, I just found those sockets on the internet. Yeah the internet is finicky like that. 

yeah it is. these look like the running light sockets. (might have to replace my passenger running light it doesn't light up. might be a bad bulb though.) https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-automotive/side-marker-socket-kit-cj-wrangler-yj-cherokee-xj-mj5455853K

and I still can't find a back up socket