Exterior Identification of Comanche Year

GritHound

If we're really getting picky, what color is your interior? :)) What about the radio?

If you have a cordovan interior (the only interior color that was offered in both 1987 and 1990), your seats will have a different fabric than an 87 should have regardless of trim level. Also, if you have a full gauge cluster, the 1987 version is cosmetically different from the 1990 version.

When I see an MJ in person, I can get a good estimate on year based on stripes, gauges, header panel, and seats. Put a Comanche in a movie, and I would just be excited that there is a MJ in a movie, I wouldn't care the year. I might notice the differences depending on whether or not the Comanche plays a major role or not, but if its not a major role, I probably wouldn't notice. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Pete M said:

nice! :bowdown:  and a uber-popular show too!  going to be famous! (amongst MJ fanatics at least) 

Haha.  Yeah, pretty cool.  Hopefully they won't cut the scenes!  Only had time to do one day of filming.  

9 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Nice! Do you know which episode?

I don’t.  They shoot everything out of sequence.  Plus, I'm not familiar enough with show to really know but I did get to see everyone which was kinda cool  It was a 16 hour day (mostly due to Covid precautions)