Lift kit

Hi guys 

My Mj I belive has a 6 inch lift which is totally illegal in Australia. I would survive about 10 minutes before police took me of the road . Can anyone tell from the photos is rear spring standard or modify. The shackles are 6.5 inch hole centres.          
thanks          
cont 

image.png.8442d0aa7655071369cb69984d28ce75.png
image.png.d4006303c8108ea995840b302f82fcd8.png

Well it's definitely a Spring Over Axle (SOA) which is modified in how it attaches to the axle (stock comanches have the axle sitting on the spring or SUA, Spring Under Axle). Shackle looks modified going from memory, hopefully someone else can chime in on that. Springs look to be standard spring packs with 2 helpers added, not sure if that's a stock metric ton spring or not.

the plate looks modified to me the shock on mine attaches to the plate and that one doesnt. its possible since mines an 87 and yours is a 90 it might be different. If I where you I would either a. keep the helpers and go SUA or b. get rid of the helpers and keep the SOA

4 hours ago, Jesse J said:

150 mm which is just under six inches. a least according to the top google answer:D SOA with 2 inch shackles seems like a 6" lift but it seems a little taller

Soa nets 5-6” depending on springs. 2” longer than stock shackles lift 1” :L:

1 hour ago, Aussiemj said:

3 inch is what you can have legally but you can getaway with 4 inch

It would be tough to get a spring over axle setup to be at 4” of lift or less. I’m using a set of XJ Cherokee leaf springs and replacing all but the main leaf on my Comanche with them. The Cherokee springs have less arch and will bring you down a bit but likely not enough to be legal. You can switch back to spring under axle and you’ll have some more options for 4” or under

if he used the stock driveshaft, than that part will be ok.  but if you got a new one made to match the lift, it might be too long for a lesser amount. 

flipping the springs back under the axle will bring it down to almost stock height.  if you want a 4" lift again, you'll need to buy 4" lift springs.  :L: