AAAARRRRGGHHHH

watchamakalit

That is extremely frustrating. I had a front one go in the '89 a couple months back while hauling a fridge back to my house. Was about 4 miles out and the rest of the trip I did at 15mph... Sounded like hell but it was on a stub shaft 2wd. 

Had some issues today too, my engine temp wouldn’t go higher than 175 on my way to work and on my way home my driver caliper locked up. Just when you think you can take a break from wrenching Jeeps just pull you back in.

Best of luck on the wheel bearing, hopefully you’ve made it home or to a shop by now :holdwrench:

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

if something is going to fail, please let it be in the driveway.  :crossfingers:

As if I could ever get that lucky....

9 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Well, my truck is sitting with no engine, transmission, transfer case, or most of the engine wiring right now. It didn't happen on the road though, so that's a plus.

I wouldnt be so agravated if it wasnt my daily....

1 hour ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Had some issues today too, my engine temp wouldn’t go higher than 175 on my way to work and on my way home my driver caliper locked up. Just when you think you can take a break from wrenching Jeeps just pull you back in.

Best of luck on the wheel bearing, hopefully you’ve made it home or to a shop by now :holdwrench:

I am back home safe and sound trucks in the shop on stands.  Shaft is out. Need to cut old bearing off.  Thats where I quit and decided to start drinking about noonish. Now mostly sobering with a ride to work arranged for tommorrow. Truck needs to sit in the shop for a day and think about how its actions effect others. That'll teach her.

3 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Mine is my daily too, in the summer time. That’s why I want another to drive year round. :cool:

I live in the Midwest and accept no matter how hard I try my mj will not last forever unless I pull it of the road seasonally. However I don't want to drive anything else so the mj will suffer the cost. Its already way past ever being of any interest to a collector. There are many much nicer mjs out there. I will drive her as long as I can keep her on the road. But know inevitably it will probably end one day as all things do.

2 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

Truck needs to sit in the shop for a day and think about how its actions effect others. That'll teach her.

Hopefully the lesson works.
We’ve got one old plow truck at work that’s mostly backup anymore, because it really likes spa days in the shop. It spent the summer parked next to a brand new one waiting for the plow frame to get built, and I’m pretty sure they had a long discussion about the perks of spa days, because the new one’s come into the shop broken at least once a week since it got put into service.