Replacement Heater hoses

13 minutes ago, jdog said:

open or closed system?

Closed

11 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Want some part numbers? That’s how I found one for my AC setup. Its a Gates hose but it was cut to fit and it was bent where it was needed to be. 

Yes please!

11 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

You can still get the molded hoses for a ‘97+ XJ, with the open system and heater valve delete, if that’s the way you want to go. If not, bulk heater hose cut to fit will work a treat.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hope some one sees this because I need the same hoses as well. But! The hose have those strange clamps they are not your typical clamp that you turn with a flat head screw driver. If anyone knows what I’m talking about. How do you take them off?? 

2 minutes ago, Dave Vig said:

If anyone knows what I’m talking about. How do you take them off?? 

Those are spring clamps that are probably original to the truck. Use a pair of channel locks and squeeze the two tabs together to release the tension to slide the clamp off.

10 minutes ago, Dave Vig said:

Ok great and to replace them can I use your typical clamp that you turn with a screwdriver?  Also all those hose numbers that are listed up above are those part numbers? Like from Napa ? 

8DAA216E-DC1F-43D5-BF2E-1676408B18BE.png

Yes you can and no. Those are Mopar numbers. You can plug those numbers into Napa and see if they cross reference. Otherwise you can still go to the dealer and get them. 

19 minutes ago, Dave Vig said:

They are mopar part numbers ok great damn thank you so much. And I can use a standard clamp then right?  How do I register my Comanche on here? This forum is great 

Yup and no problem! Yes those standard clamps will do just fine unless you want to retain the factory appearance under the hood.

To register your MJ just simply find the year yours is, go into that subforum and start a new thread with the title as your VIN and then I will run the VIN and get you a build date and sheet.

ADD A SIGNATURE:

When LOGGED-IN. Go to upper right hand corner of screen. Click on Username. Click on Account Settings. Find and click on Signature. Add vehicle information here (YR, ENG, TRANS, etc, etc) then click on SAVE. This helps everyone. This information will be available every time you post.