Deep Blue

4 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

I thought the same but weren’t the reverse lights still on the bottom with the Dakota? Either way the fit looks good. @elycomanche can you shed some light on this? 

Somewhere I read on comancheclub.com that Dakota stop lights only fit reversed, I followed the advice.

17 hours ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

I thought the same but weren’t the reverse lights still on the bottom with the Dakota? Either way the fit looks good. @elycomanche can you shed some light on this? 

Yes, If you look closer the shape of the Dakota stop lights are tapered, I think this is the best way to fit them on the Mj chichis. I try to find the originals but couldn't. Also these are very cheap, something like 16 dollars.  Apart of being different from the original design and general use on other cars there is no problem having them this way.

Check my comments on the UK based MJ,  I think is interesting for the group

Thanks for clearing this up, I was just curious and in no way trying to criticize. And your right MJ taillights are tough to find and when you do most will charge a premium for them since they are quite rare so using what’s available was a good choice. But it looks like you’ve done a ton of body work and put a lot of time into making her look as good as she does :L:

• 2 weeks later...

My MJ had crank windows, manual operated mirrors and locks

I installed 97 Cherokee XJ front doors with electric windows, locks and mirrors,l.the doors have the internal harness but the connectors to the body are missing, so I had to connect both doors between them and to the dashboard or internal harness . I am also using the 97 Junction box and complete 97 dashboard or electrical system

Included before and after pictures and a list of wire to wire connections made

Everything is working nice

Screenshot_20201208-121055~2.png

IMG_20201210_093236844.jpg

IMG_20201208_084735137.jpg

IMG_20201210_093255144.jpg

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, pizzaman09 said:

I would have never guessed this was a Comanche with an interior like that.  Nicely done.

Thank you for your comments, I took the ideas from other projects in this forum. Parts are from a 97 XJ.

• 2 weeks later...