Reproduction Sportbars-feelers for sale

89 MJ

2 hours ago, Jesse J said:

I like the look of them but I don't like how they take up bed space. I think It would be cool to mod one to make it into a tire carrier as well

like this?

Photo by buffalob of Buckybecc6075b5bbc70b595b637dfd32ff09.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/12/2020 at 1:09 PM, 89 MJ said:

I have a shop local to me that has told me before that they could bend up a rollbar for my MJ. I have decided that I want a rollbar and will probably make it happen. Mind you, I will likely only be buying one if it is priced close to or less than an OEM one.

That said, who here would be interested in one (could sell a weld yourself kit where you weld the kickers to the main hoop to save on shipping costs) and at what price point would you be interested in buying one?

I would venture to guess that I could probably get some bent up for much less than an OEM rollbar costs.

So far, I have potential interest in 6 LWB rollbars and 7 SWB rollbars (including mine)

My goal with these is to have them so they are identical to an OEM rollbar, I don't want them to look like an aftermarket one.

Do you have a light bar for measurements? I think the shop would be able to sell many more if they did the cab bends, included the legs for long or short(depending on what was orderered) precut and marked unpainted ready to simply weld the legs. It might ship non freight that way. I know headliner backer boards are rediclous to ship for that very reason. Shipping will be the next major roadblock.

27 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Do you have a light bar for measurements? I think the shop would be able to sell many more if they did the cab bends, included the legs for long or short(depending on what was orderered) precut and marked unpainted ready to simply weld the legs. It might ship non freight that way. I know headliner backer boards are rediclous to ship for that very reason. Shipping will be the next major roadblock.

I do not have the light bar. As of now, the rest of what you said is my plan for most of them!

36 minutes ago, Dumble_hub said:

I'm definitely interested in a SWB one.

Sounds good. I’ll add you to the list. 

I still need measurements if possible. If not, I will try to go to some local junkyards to see if I can buy one if any have them. 

you're not going to find one.  I would start a new thread with a title that states what you're looking for and where you are and cross your fingers.  :crossfingers:   more eyes equals a better chance of success.  people that already own one might not be checking in on this thread.  

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

you're not going to find one.  I would start a new thread with a title that states what you're looking for and where you are and cross your fingers.  :crossfingers:   more eyes equals a better chance of success.  people that already own one might not be checking in on this thread.  

I will do that this week.