The Makers Club

CoastChief

I work with my hands everyday. I work as a technician at Honda , and when I’m not at work I’m At home working on one of my jeeps. I love doing what I do. Although it can be the incredibly frustrating sometimes , And warranty work sucks , But at the end of even the worst day’s , there’s nothing else I’d want to do. I love learning and getting better at what I do.  I love and enjoy my job. :holdwrench:

88D7F448-CE98-48A2-AFFA-C04E65145B99.jpeg

I'm a Chief Engineer in the Merchant Marine. I keep all the machinery and systems on a tugboat working. Including the sewage system. Been elbow deep more than once. can't get much dirtier than that.

On my off time I'm a volunteer fireman. Get pretty nasty doing that as well.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

I use my hands to make music, does that count? I am a drummer and percussionist, gigs haven't started to come back yet but I have been able to get private lessons going again, hope the gigs start soon. I have had more time to practice so that is good. 

Buck.

I work a desk job making computers go so I don't use my hands for much beyond typing and mouse clicking.

That's probably why my hobby is working on Jeeps and cars.  And I've gone all in.  I have enough tools to start as a mechanic tomorrow if I needed to.  I can do just about everything outside of the true specialty jobs like bending up exhaust, mounting/balancing tires, and machine work on blocks and heads.

I'm a maintenance technician for Purina animal feed. Each day working with anything from welding and fabrication, electrical, pneumatics, boilers, pumps, and machinery. So I pretty much have my hands in quite a few different areas throughout the day. Course getting free time to work on jeep ends up being few and far between unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

my favorite hands-on job was the year I was a repair tech at a prototype company.  I fixed giant hydraulic presses CNCs and robotics, but the car-sized lasers were my favorite. :D  the old one (made in the 80s?) was bigger than a truck!  sounded like a jet when the fan fired up. :grinyes: 

Before Rona came along I was a residential framer.  Starting a roofing job on monday.  Roofing isn't my favorite but i like it better than sitting at home.  I have always worked with my hands.  I spun wrenches for a number of years after school, then I discovered construction and love to build.  Framing and concrete are my favorites but I am not really opposed to any sort of manual labor.