1988 MJ Pioneer LWB Part Out (Sacramento, CA)

Goose_XJ88

Located Sacramaneto CA area
I won't be able to get more pics or pull parts until this weekend. Get your requests in before 3-20-2020.

I have access to an 88 long bed rolling chassis. Guy bought the truck for the low mileage drivetrain and was going to scrap everything else. I now am the only one with access to this truck.

What kind of things do you guys need that are small and easy to ship?

It's not my truck so I have to buy these items and would appreciate some knowledge on what you are willing to pay for them so I don't overpay when I get them. Not trying to make a ton of money, just trying to save as much as I can while making it worth my time to pull stuff.

CA truck

2ea 23 gal gas tank skids. $100ea
Tail lights gone
Tailgate and bumper are trashed
Rear axle and leafs gone
Bed has some damage but no rust it appears

- if nobody local is taking the bed, I might cut the back off for a future wall mounted bench.
Sending unit gone

I think I'm going to keep the back window and tow hooks

Items claimed on Facebook post

Tailgate mounts (sold and shipped)

Rubber lower body trim (sold and shipped)

Comanche Emblems (sold and shipped)

Grill (pending pics)

I will NOT ship large items, I have a hard enough time getting to the post office to drop stuff off. If you have a friend nearby that can pick stuff up, then they can ship oversize stuff to you.

Screenshot_20200315-072413.png

Screenshot_20200315-072441.png

Screenshot_20200315-072446.png

Screenshot_20200315-072418.png

I might be keeping the hooks

I might have just messaged you on Facebook about the visors. (Messaged 2 people that had old ads posted wanting gray visors)

The interior is gray but I don't recall the condition of everything.

Interior is in pretty good condition i think besides the column. Only reason I say that is because it's sub 100k.

Items I’d gladly buy if they are available, with the price I’d pay for them:  

- cargo light, switch and switch bezel to the left of the steering wheel. - switch only $20, whole setup $40.

- clips and center tray for the sun visors above the rearview mirror. $5 total

- b-pillar lights, don’t need the electrical plugs, just the lights. $5 total
- tail lights harness, cut the truck side of main harness at the plug and get the whole connector if you can. $10

- lisence plate harness $5

- stock radio if it is still there $15

- J e e p emblems from the front header panel. -$5-10 for all. 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, 500 MJ said:

Items I’d gladly buy if they are available, with the price I’d pay for them:  

- cargo light, switch and switch bezel to the left of the steering wheel. - switch only $20, whole setup $40.

- clips and center tray for the sun visors above the rearview mirror. $5 total

- b-pillar lights, don’t need the electrical plugs, just the lights. $5 total
- tail lights harness, cut the truck side of main harness at the plug and get the whole connector if you can. $10

- lisence plate harness $5

- stock radio if it is still there $15

- J e e p emblems from the front header panel. -$5-10 for all. 

Thanks! 

Thanks for the offers but your prices are way on the low end for some of those items. I grabbed the b pillar lights but $5 is way too cheap

Not everything. I forgot to grab the grill that Cody wanted and the visors  that have 3 people interested.

I also gave up on the 2nd cab corner because of how big of a pain it was to cut out the first one. If i had a spot weld drill bit it would have been different but don't have one of those.

The binders were like sales catalogs for construction spray rigs or something. 

10 minutes ago, Goose_XJ88 said:

I also gave up on the 2nd cab corner because of how big of a pain it was to cut out the first one. If i had a spot weld drill bit it would have been different but don't have one of those.

I think the easy way to cut the cab corner out would be to use a recip-saw and cut through the rocker, b-pillar, then the floor to connect them.  That's how mine were sent to me, I did all the drilling of spot welds and separating the inner and outer.  Made it less work for the guy pulling them from the truck.

I only had 6" blades and my m12 saw. Plus I am having a hard enough time trying to fit the skin in a box thst won't be stupid amounts of money to ship. I can't imagine shipping it if I had cut the whole inner structure too.

Not everything. I forgot to grab the grill that Cody wanted and the visors  that have 3 people interested.

The binders were like sales catalogs for construction spray rigs or something. 
Will you be able to go back and grab those items? if not that sucks. I'm always curious about finding binders and books in vehicles in the junkyard, never know when it will be a repair manual or something good.

I will have the ability to do so, it's more a question if I will have the time to do so. Got to take care of the wife who has been very gracious letting me pull parts all the time and doing what i want while she is stuck at home with the baby during this whole virus mess.

6 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

I’d like the handle out of the tailgate if it’s not too expensive. I’m not sure what they’re worth, but it you have the chance to get it throw a number out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no handle to the tail gate.  It looks like the truck backed into something hard with the tailgate down. No idea what happened to the handle.

Alright, last call for parts off this thing.

I'm going to try and go back within the next few days to pull more parts. Most likely Tues the 31st.

Here's the list of what I'm planning to pull.

Grill for Cody 

Visors and visor clips (3 people in line already)

Possibly Other cab corner for same person

Header panel to post on Craigslist

Bench seat for Craigslist

Back panel for Craigslist

1 hour ago, Goose_XJ88 said:

Alright, last call for parts off this thing.

Did you get the parts that I listed earlier, if not, what prices do you need to see for them? 

All I care is that someone gets them. It would be a shame to see those parts go to scrap. 

Archived