89 w/factory dana 44?

JohnQ

Cool I just bought one for $500. :D

Driving up to Arlington tomorrow to get it. Not sure if I am going to restore this truck or rob parts for my 88.

Now I need to find a car hauler. Does anyone know if U-Haul charges by the mile for a trailer or is it just one flat rate?

Driving up to Arlington tomorrow to get it. Not sure if I am going to restore this truck or rob parts for my 88.

Now I need to find a car hauler. Does anyone know if U-Haul charges by the mile for a trailer or is it just one flat rate?

The one by me will not even rent you a car hauler unless you rent their truck to pull it. :nuts: On top of that they are hard to come by for one day local rental.

Cool I just bought one for $500.

Is this the one that is/was up in Lewisville?

DOH! :oops: is there a stupid slap emoticon? :thwak: that one works i guess

I recently found evidence that the Dana 44 was available in 87 with the Off Road package, but there was never a "Tow Package" offered in any year and the heavy-duty rear axle disappears from all subsequent brochures 88-92. Hitches were installed at the dealership.

I recently found evidence that the Dana 44 was available in 87 with the Off Road package, but there was never a "Tow Package" offered in any year and the heavy-duty rear axle disappears from all subsequent brochures 88-92. Hitches were installed at the dealership.

Pete, you have been around the block enough times to learn never say never where Jeep management was involved.

You are right, I really should know better. :roll: I've been going through my brochures again and I gotta tell you my memory really does suck (ever since I was sick, but that's a story for another day). I've been going on my memory telling me that the hitch is installed at the dealership. While I was right about that, I'm finding that there was a prep package available in at least the early years. I'll fill in the details once I go through all of the brochures.

Class 3 tow prep related stuff (except 86 which topped out at class 2)

It's not necessarily a list of exactly what you get when you check the box because some of it is simply "also required".

86:

2.8L

axle ratio: 4.10 (no mention of axle though)

Automatic Transmission

Heavy duty cooling

Heavy duty Battery

Power steering

P205 tires or larger

87 and 88:

Heavy duty rear axle

4.0L

Automatic Transmission

Heavy duty cooling

Heavy duty Battery

Power steering

P205 tires or larger

Full size spare

89:

Heavy duty rear axle

4.0L

Automatic Transmission

Heavy duty cooling

Electric aux fan

Transmission oil cooler

Heavy duty Battery

Power steering

P205 tires or larger

Full size spare

90:

Can't find the brochure. I'm assuming it's the same as 89 since the vehicle didn't really change

91:

Only mention is "See your dealer for info about ordering your vehicle equipped in preparation for dealer installed trailer towing packages." (probably where I was getting the info in the back of my head since I've had this brochure the longest).

92:

I only have the mini-brochure, but I'm assuming it's the same as 91

89:

Heavy duty rear axle

4.0L

Automatic Transmission

Heavy duty cooling

Electric aux fan

Transmission oil cooler

Heavy duty Battery

Power steering

P205 tires or larger

Full size spare

Thats what I just picked up. Got her home last night. Will post up some pics later on.

Here she is. Don't you just love the pin striping! Not bad for $500, 100% rust free. I am swapping the rear dana 44 with my 88's dana 35, and robbing the AC system.

Put my liberty rims on her this moring, but the front grease cap is in the way.

sweet MJ!

...you don't have the upper, lower, and side trim pieces do you?

if not, instead of the 89 style grille I have, I could send you the 94 style (3 piece) that has the upper and lower trim pieces built in...for $5 more...

That sounds better. Hook me up with the 94 style. I'll send you a PM with my new address.