shelving racks

krustyballer16

I'm looking for some cheap but beefy shelving racks for my little storage building.

Doesnt have to be extra heavy duty or anything. It's mainly gonna be used for a catchall for paint cans, electrical and plumbing stuff, mostly in totes probably.

So at least 16" deep or so.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-4-shelf-industrial-storage-rack/prod22160218

I saw this one at Sam's club. Its heavy duty and nice but probably too much for what I am needing.

Theres other racks on there but not sure what I want.

I got some 4x8 actual pallet racks from work for free for my shop but they're a little too big for this storage building.

I'm needing standalone racks because it's a block building so csnt build anyhing off the walls.

Anybody have any good deals or favorite sets of racks?

My buddy has an even more industrial version of those and they are awesome. :D  Getting something that's "too heavy duty" is not a problem.  stronger is better.  Whatever you do, don't get plastic.  that stuff tends to sag over time, even from not-so-heavy things. :( 

anything on your local craigslist or the like? 

and you can (and should) drill into the walls for at least some strap anchors for safety. :L: 

Rivetier is an example of the go-to boltless shelving for most of the industrial warehouses 

Uprights range from 5' to 15'

Front to back beams 6" to 36"

Left to right beams 3' to 8'

Shelving decks can be particle board or plywood

The stuff at Home Depot/Lowes is cheap versions of the industrial stuff.

Most cities have a used material handling company that sells this sort of thing - the one in Seattle is called Rusty Rack - those guys will sell used shelving about 1/2 price of new.

You can straighten load beams but you want the uprights with no kinks/bends.