Might buy become active Member

So I'm looking at purchasing an '88 for my daughter. If I do, I'll probably be an active member here. I know you can't give me too much advice without seeing it, but can you give me your thoughts?  The seller says: Rebuilt engine with 19k miles and new transmission. Cold AC blows great. The sway bars are off because it’s missing one sway bar disconnect and it needs a new muffler because it has a hole in the muffler. Other then that it runs really good. 

They want $4000. Worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20191121-100335__01.jpg

So I'm looking at purchasing an '88 for my daughter. If I do, I'll probably be an active member here. I know you can't give me too much advice without seeing it, but can you give me your thoughts?  The seller says: Rebuilt engine with 19k miles and new transmission. Cold AC blows great. The sway bars are off because it’s missing one sway bar disconnect and it needs a new muffler because it has a hole in the muffler. Other then that it runs really good. 

They want $4000. Worth it?

Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20191121-100335__01.jpg.9b373714acb9b5ad418e0da661466ac5.jpg

Yeah they say that. Be sure to check EVERYTHING. I got mine for 1800 and the yard said everything was fine, but lo and behold battery cables were shredded and covered in dielectric grease, brake lights didn’t work, and it had power drain. But I got mine from a pull yard dealer, so you should have some better luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Khosatral Khel said:

Thanks everyone. How big of an issue is the sway bar? I can deal with the muffler, but I don't know anything about sway bars.

Sway bars are not tough to find/install, since they are the same as those on the Jeep XJ Cherokee.  It will be a junkyard item, of course.   Lots of the guys who do serious off-roading remove their sway bars to increase articulation.  Maybe someone with an XJ who does off-roading will have one you can pick up.

Since the truck you picture is lifted, you will need extended sway bar links.

• 2 weeks later...

When looking for a front sway bar, try to find an up-country packaged XJ. They have a significantly larger diameter. You will need the larger sway bar bushings (I think my were the 27s, but it’s been to long to remember) unless you take the ones with the setup. I found two in the pick n pull and grabbed them both. Very hard to come by though.