USPOS- 1977 RHD DJ5-F

My 1977 RHD DJ5-F I’ve been restoring. 
It’s a love/hate sharing this build because 90% of the time people who never knew they existed leave a big spiel on how they are going to get one to put on one tons with an LS swap when they don’t even know how to install their own windshield wipers🤷🏼‍♀️  
But for the details. 
232 with 727 TF trans

Dana44 rear axle 

2wd(they all were) 
RHD 

7.50x16 BFG KM3s 

16” original willys pickup wheels I dug out of a field and pieced together. 
MagnaFlow Stainless Bullet style muffler. 
Cleaned up interior with cheapo Jegs racing seats to replace where the mail tray used to sit with some matching latch&link lap belts so I feel fast. 
Amazon special LED headlights to fit in with the JKs at the mall. 
Other little things I’m forgetting.  

48161B65-79FE-493A-A4D8-16FBC921F729.jpeg

E69DAF67-ECFD-4213-862F-8B8662E677EC.jpeg

8DC8C255-25FB-4B36-AA12-F257EA357FED.jpeg

EC0528E5-1035-4A94-AC4A-0D558ADAB5E0.jpeg

E1DACD03-0947-43B0-AA16-BF83AFEF333F.jpeg

97FD0765-32C7-4BA1-A5F1-F97305DE13DD.jpeg

C8ECA575-4B62-4274-BFB4-7F4B9E38ED1C.jpeg

10 minutes ago, thecodemonk said:

This thing is so awesome as it is and I need to come over and get a ride in it!  

I definitely need to swing the rigs by more often man and say hi! This one is a bit drafty this time a year so bring your mittens ha. 

10 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Sweet rig man! What are your long term plans with it? I would kinda like to see a 4x4 one with no lift and a 4.0.

Thank you! There’s a few with that setup but honestly all the work for a 4.0 is not worth it unless you got a model with the gutless 4banger. I have three other Jeeps with 4wd so I’m really in no need to swap this one. I had plans for LCOG hot/rat rod build on 33s but I decided don’t want to chop this one up. Staying original is good sometimes since most of these things are dead in a field. 

1 hour ago, Dzimm said:

To do list:

- Have AutoZone install my wipers

- LS and 1 Ton swap a DJ5

:roflmao:

In all seriousness this is very cool!  What did you start with as far as condition?  Post more pics so we can see all your progress!

Haha. 
thank you sir! I luckily snagged it in pretty good condition for its age but it still needed a lot of love, still does but it’s a running driving fun little project. 

FFD88590-BD7A-4D3F-A7E7-44A862C52FD8.jpeg

VERY nice!  I have two.  The 1976 (same drivetrain as yours) was used as my daily driver for about ten years.  It was bought as a toy.  But I wound up liking it so much I sold my S-10.  I finally parked it though.  The body and frame were rusted away to the point of being scary.  The second one Is a 1984 with a good body and frame.  I trailered it up from Texas in the early 2000's.  I still haven't given up on combining the two.  If I could only have one vehicle, it would have to be the postal.  I miss driving it something fierce!  Just sitting in the drivers seat still puts a smile on my face.

Those big tires look awesome, but it looks like it would rub if you looked at it cross eyed, let alone how difficult it must be to change a tire!

Do you have the "Jeep" or "AM General" back door?

1 hour ago, Drahcir495 said:

Dayeem, that is cool! 

Thank you! 

23 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

How do you change the rear tires?

Same as the factory 205s with the uncut corner doors. Place the rear axle on jack stands and tilt the body with a jack letting them slide right in.