USB Port

Has anyone come up with a cleaver place for USB ports?  I leave a GPS plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket and remove it and use an adapter when phone or other charge power is needed.  It would be nice to have a second source for USB power while leaving the GPS plugged in.

Edit:

Opps!  Clever not cleaver.  Cleavage?

Installing another 12V socket is the best option.  But, can your GPS be charged via USB?  I have a 2-port adapter similar to this riding in my 12V socket:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SKHZX4/ref=twister_B0759QFBLF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think they make them with up to 4 ports, but they have to share amperage.  So far, the 2-port has been good enough to keep 2 phones charged up with GPS/Wifi turned on.  When offroad, it charges my phone and Garmin just fine.

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

Not cleaver, but I put a power source in the center console.

image.jpeg

That looks great.  Like it was always there and not an after-thought.  Have you added anything to a min-console with a bench seat?

4 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Installing another 12V socket is the best option.  But, can your GPS be charged via USB?  I have a 2-port adapter similar to this riding in my 12V socket:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SKHZX4/ref=twister_B0759QFBLF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think they make them with up to 4 ports, but they have to share amperage.  So far, the 2-port has been good enough to keep 2 phones charged up with GPS/Wifi turned on.  When offroad, it charges my phone and Garmin just fine.

I use a USB adapter with two ports but my GPS is not happy with it. So it needs the cigarette lighter socket.

You can get those two slot adapters at the Dollar Store - for a dollar

11 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

I use a USB adapter with two ports but my GPS is not happy with it. So it needs the cigarette lighter socket.

See my build thread and you've got all kinds of room in that panel below the clock to insal USB ports you also see in my thread the fast charger w connected to one port the radios connected to the other

I put one of these in each of my YJ's and have on on the shelf for the MJ....12 Volt and 2 usb ports  1- 1 amp ans 1- 2amp

I get them off Amazon.....Well built and make for a clean install

You can also get a version that has a voltage display.

usb.jpg

19 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

All mine have buckets, but I did install a Cat 5e connector for my REM into a switch plug.

image.jpeg

Good location and good job of installing it square.  What are you using an ethernet connection for?

1 minute ago, yxmj said:

I put one of these in each of my YJ's and have on on the shelf for the MJ....12 Volt ans 2 usb 1- 1 amp ans 1- 2amp

I get them off Amazon.....Well built and make for a clean install

usb.jpg

That would be nice at the back of the open cavity below the glove box