Fuel pump and sending unit

I have a 1987 Laredo with a 4 Liter 6 cylinder engine and a 120” wheelbase. The current tank and fuel pump and sending unit are completely shot. I’ve already ordered a 23.5 gallon tank that fits, but I need a pump and sending unit. Does anyone know of a site where I can buy a sending unit and/or fuel pump. Preferably the sending unit. 

28534360-0BF3-464B-8331-00BD8076B11A.jpeg

*edit* 

ebay seems to have them used, but it looks like there’s no mount on them

Edited by CarterD

1 minute ago, krustyballer16 said:

Theres a couple up for sale every once in a while on here. I don't think I have anymore. I've sold a few

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Where would I find them if they’re posted

1 minute ago, krustyballer16 said:

Just make sure its for a Renix 4.0 (84-90) and long bed and short bed matters but if you come across a short bed one, itll work. May just be a little bit off. The float arms are different for thr different sized tanks

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Limeyjeeper said:

There is a company called tristarr radiators that can refurbish your sending unit. They have a lot of experience with jeep senders. www.tristarradiator.com

I’ll check it out, thanks 

33 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

How much was it?

I want to say $125 plus shipping. Mine was not too bad off. He took it all apart, cleaned and painted the sending unit, tested the potentiameter (sp?), tested the pump, and provided a new lock ring and gasket. Only drawback was it took at least a month. It's a mom and pop operation, I talked to his wife a couple times calling to check on progress. I liken it to a small engine repair shop, can't make any money unless it's just one or two people and always backed up. But, they were super nice and I'd use them again. They forgot to send the lock ring and gasket when they first sent it back and she was so apologetic when I called and sent it out 2 day express mail on their dime w/out hesitation. Good old fashioned customer service.  

• 2 months later...

I know this was back in June of this year, but i just ordered a new fuel pump and sending unit for my 1990 jeep  Comanche eliminator, short bed 18 gal side mounted fuel tank from 

http://www.mtscompany.com/sendingunits.htm  they are producing new ones.  1986-1992 Jeep® Comanche MJ 18 & 23.5 gallon "side mounted" gas tank sending unit with fuel injected engines (w/ pump). Includes new lock ring and O-ring. Replaces # 
Top Plate View: pic 2
Ohm range: Full 0-3, Empty 90-100.

Hope this helps

I know this was back in June of this year, but i just ordered a new fuel pump and sending unit for my 1990 jeep  Comanche eliminator, short bed 18 gal side mounted fuel tank from 

http://www.mtscompany.com/sendingunits.htm  they are producing new ones.  1986-1992 Jeep® Comanche MJ 18 & 23.5 gallon "side mounted" gas tank sending unit with fuel injected engines (w/ pump). Includes new lock ring and O-ring. Replaces # 

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, tlmaz said:

Hope this helps

That's interesting the MTS is making them, they've long been a great source for similar parts for older vehicles/jeeps.

BUT.

That's the wrong resistance range for you.  86-90 should be 0 ohms empty and 88 full (90-100 is close enough for a full value), 91/92 is 0 ohms full and 90-100~ empty.

Edit.  If you look at the options for XJ sending units, they are aware of the change between Renix and Chrysler era stuff, but obviously didn't know it applies to the MJ.

Well, it will be very interesting to follow this and see if they have the ohms right for Renix and HO models. Even if not, I would hope they would be willing to make the correction and/or offer both models if they have gone so far as to set up to make and sell these. I'm confident word would spread like wildfire and a substantial number of people would buy one simply to keep on the shelf until needed in the future. I would, and I already have 2 backups that would need reconditioning but at least I have them. 

48 minutes ago, WahooSteeler said:

Well, it will be very interesting to follow this and see if they have the ohms right for Renix and HO models. Even if not, I would hope they would be willing to make the correction and/or offer both models if they have gone so far as to set up to make and sell these. I'm confident word would spread like wildfire and a substantial number of people would buy one simply to keep on the shelf until needed in the future. I would, and I already have 2 backups that would need reconditioning but at least I have them. 

I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can made a Renix correct one. They are in Iowa like an hour and a half away from me. I will report back tomorrow