Snapped engine mount bolts

Well dang.. This outta be fun.. My plan is to remove oil filter adapter and dizzy to lean the engine over farther to be able to try welding nuts to them or comes to worse be able to drill them out. Any tips or ideas? 7701aab57f9080dd2942df5ff986ad5d.jpg57ef1209aaabd30dc41ba7550af5d7ab.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Oy.  I would support the engine with a jack and a block of wood, unbolt the other engine mount, remove the 4 bolts holding the transmission crossmember to the frame, then slowly lower the jack to see if the engine would drop a few inches for better access. Keep a close eye on the fan to make sure it doesn't contact the radiator. Yank out that coil spring too if need be. 

Good luck.

If you decide to drill them, when you center punch them be sure and whack ‘em real good to loosen them up a little.  I would drill a small hole and try an eze-out before trying to drill them out completely.  You might be able to save the threads in the block and avoid having to drill and tap oversized.  Check on getting a right angle drill or drill attachment and a short drill bit to make it a little easier.

Looks like it’s going to be a bear any way you go.

Might look at aftermarket mounts from stinky fab. It used a few additional holes in the block for a stronger mount. These additional mounting points may save your butt if you can’t get one or both of these out that are broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk