New Leaf Springs

Nice color! Is that the factory color? Mine is the factory midnight blue from '91.

But no useful info on general spring. I emailed St.Louis springs cuz thats who my dad used to use for street rods. They supposedly made them any length, combo, weight rating you need. I emailed them about a 5" lift leaf for my XJ that had a 300lb extra rating over stock. But they havent gtten back with me yet 31d6d035ec84c57f45128818ec6bd004.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don't remember reading anything bad about General Spring and the couple guys I can think of that bought them really like them.  :L: 

don't throw the old packs out though, someone else might be able to use them. :grinyes:

I bought one leaf set from them. I love it. Course any non broken leaf pack is an improvement over a pack with one broken leaf. That being said, their dowel pin to line up with the axle is not the same as the factory axle alignment pin, so save your old leafs like Pete said.

I believe our late Hornbrod had General Springs, Metric-Ton version, and was always touting them as well made. My factory MT packs have a fair amount of sag with minimal load so I plan to replace them sometime in the near future. Because I have heard GS will basically custom make a set, I hope to get MT packs with @3" of lift. 

I had them on mine before going with Rusty’s 4” lift springs. Only had them on for 1k miles. They rode fine and I really didn’t have any complaints about them. Just not high enough. If you’re anywhere near Texas I’d make you a hell of a deal on them to get them out of my way. Shipping would probably be out of the question though.

Awesome thanks for the responses. I’m going to see if they can make a Metric Ton pack with  approximately 4” of lift. I bought my mj already lifted so just guessing on the amount of lift. Currently on 33” KM3s. How much of a lift do you guys think it has? 

4 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

Nice color! Is that the factory color? Mine is the factory midnight blue from '91.

But no useful info on general spring. I emailed St.Louis springs cuz thats who my dad used to use for street rods. They supposedly made them any length, combo, weight rating you need. I emailed them about a 5" lift leaf for my XJ that had a 300lb extra rating over stock. But they havent gtten back with me yet 31d6d035ec84c57f45128818ec6bd004.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It’s not the factory color. Found out when I was hauling an axle and it chipped the bed liner, it was red underneath. Nice MJ! Want to get a factory roll bar too eventually.

1 hour ago, Jeep Driver said:

Yep, General is good. 

Ask about the military wrap if you can get one, very happy with mine. 

What is the military wrap? Never heard of it till now.

C71E15AC-799A-489E-B41A-91AE71767BFC.jpeg