Scar-Fab frame stiffeners!

So I've been working on MJ frame stiffeners, lwb and swb.

I've almost got the design finalized and then in the next few weeks theyll be cut out and formed.

I don't have a built jeep to put them so I'll be looking for a person or two to test fit and try them out.

So I'll be taking applications lol.

I don't have any pictures or anything yet.

Theyll be from front of the frame all the way to rear.

Theyll have some things that other brands don't have.

I haven't looked at every year of MJ to see if there are any differences but I have an 86 LWB, an 89,90 and 91 SWB here

Not sure on price yet.

I can try to answer questions anybody has right now....

Let me know guys.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

There shouldn't be any differences. The factory didn't make any changes to the XJ unibody from '84 thru '96 -- they stiffened it when they updated to the '97 body, and even then I don't think there were any dimensional changes, they just used a different forming method (hydroforming), and possibly some thicker sheet metal.

There shouldn't be any differences. The factory didn't make any changes to the XJ unibody from '84 thru '96 -- they stiffened it when they updated to the '97 body, and even then I don't think there were any dimensional changes, they just used a different forming method (hydroforming), and possibly some thicker sheet metal.
Only differences I've found are couple different holes between in some holes. Nothing major.

I'll volunteer my 88 swb if you are still taking applications lol :brows::brows:
PM with pics of your truck, future plans, time line of your progress (when you'll be ready for the stiffeners and how long itll take you to completely install and review them) location.

Cuz I need people that I can trust to get them installed quickly and honestly review them.

I've got a 92 swb that I plan to keep as a stock street queen and realistically have no idea when I'd be able to install... after Moab for sure.

Worth posting at least. Haha

Future plans:

drop 2"

Install lp d30, d44, and 242

JCR diy rear bumper

Hidden tow points through stock front bumper

Install roll bar with your mounts

Dakota or other bench seat with nothing taller than factory height

20170716_055630.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I might not be a good tester, but I am definitely interested.  I was just eyeballing the full setup from T&M Fabrication as part of my MJ "revival."  I have been nothing but pleased with the hitch you built for me, and I would love nothing more than to support you by purchasing a set of these for my LWB 88 Pioneer.  Especially if the price is comparable.

My question to you is, what thickness are you planning on going with?

3 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

The other company's stiffeners fit horribly. That's why I'm designing new ones lol

Thanks!

I'll have an option for 10 gauge and 3/16".
Mine might cost a bit more but I guarantee an awesome fit!
I've added some extra pieces too.

If costing a bit more means I don't have to then modify the things to make them work properly then I am all for paying a bit more.  You learn that lesson really quick when you get too old and tired to want to waste time doing something that should have been done right the first time.  

Are you planning on offering a steering box stiffening section as well?  

If costing a bit more means I don't have to then modify the things to make them work properly then I am all for paying a bit more.  You learn that lesson really quick when you get too old and tired to want to waste time doing something that should have been done right the first time.  

Are you planning on offering a steering box stiffening section as well?  
As in where? I plated the bottom of the frame under the steering box differently than others.
I havent done anything yet on the inside there like T&M has. I havent had a jeep to test fit that inside piece on right now so I didnt really look into it.

I'm open to any feedback on all this.
I've never ran stiffeners and probably don't see me ever running them on anything I build.

1 minute ago, krustyballer16 said:

As in where? I plated the bottom of the frame under the steering box differently than others.
I havent done anything yet on the inside there like T&M has. I havent had a jeep to test fit that inside piece on right now so I didnt really look into it.

I'm open to any feedback on all this.
I've never ran stiffeners and probably don't see me ever running them on anything I build.

They offer a separate set of stiffeners that mount to the inside of the forward frame rails and the left hand unit also has built in spacers so the factory steering box spacer is eliminated.  Not really a necessity, just a curiosity.

I will probably never actually need stiffeners either, but I am predisposed to Victorian era overkill. - aka barn door simplicity  I actually want to fully stitch weld the unibody once I get into tearing my truck apart, and it would be nice to fully integrate a set of stiffeners to it as well.   I won't be crashing over boulders like some guys here, but I like knowing that my truck can survive whatever may come its way.

• 4 weeks later...