your day's dose of "clever or crazy?"

Pete M

10 hours ago, neohic said:

Not gonna lie... I kinda dig this one. :peep:

I saw the "ShamRockAway" at the Sloan Museum Car Show in Flint, Michigan back in the late '70s.   It drew quite a crowd and the owner/builder was as entertaining as the car.   The doors on the passenger's side were open so you could look inside.   It was as interesting as the outside.

Here's a bit more about it including a grainy build pic. ...

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/index.php/2010/06/07/just-saw-noahs-ark-details-emerge-on-the-shamrockaway-motorhome/

2 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

Earthromer?

I personally don't get it.  Bring a damn tent and a folding cot for 0.01% of the price. :confused:

I agree.   Establish  a base camp and take off in your Jeep to do the things it is intended to do.

16 minutes ago, PCO6 said:

I agree.   Establish  a base camp and take off in your Jeep to do the things it is intended to do.

Even if you're intending to travel to a new location every day, the sheer amount of 'stuff' that they packed into the Earthroamer XV-JP was just insane.  Curb weight was 6700lbs.

There's a super long thread on that one as they wound up changing it significantly from how Earthroamer built it. https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/earthroamer-xv-jp-northwest-edition.51254/

I guess there's certain places where you would actually need the level of features they designed them with, but it just seemed to me like they compromised mobility too much to justify it.  I'd think if you needed that much stuff you'd be better off going to a full size truck with a compact/pop-up camper, loaded weight would likely be similar, along with overall dimensions, and the price would be a lot lower.   Or just take a small trailer.

That house facad over warehouse is clever.

And thanks for the link Desertrat. Though I'm sure the price tag is justified from labor, material, workspace and equipment; But when I can get similar effects from tarp covered mylar, paracord, and a Lil effort... Doesn't exactly sound like a bargain. 

But still intriguing, even though.

And Pete, remember where the battery is. Its not that sitting became harder, just that standing was more viable. Their lawyers said we can afford for foot insurance, not crack&genital insurance.

• 2 weeks later...