FYI 20% off ebay

Sir Sam

Did a search for JCR DIY and none were listed as 20% off, then I saw 20% off EVERYTHING $25 min purchase.  

I'm guessing that's retail sellers only.  Still, 20% off is a bargain! 

3 minutes ago, NHMJXJ said:

Did a search for JCR DIY and none were listed as 20% off, then I saw 20% off EVERYTHING $25 min purchase.  

I'm guessing that's retail sellers only.  Still, 20% off is a bargain! 

20% everything excluding coins/bills, and real estate.

I guess ebay is eating the 20% today to encourage people to come back to ebay over amazon.

3 hours ago, Sir Sam said:

20% everything excluding coins/bills, and real estate.

I guess ebay is eating the 20% today to encourage people to come back to ebay over amazon.

eBay is absorbing the costs, but it won't be a 20% hit to their bottom line since they gouge their sellers with listing fees and take their cut on the final sale price for many of the auctions listed on that site.  I used to enjoy being a, eBay seller, but got tired of it after they continued to bump up their fees but offered their users nothing in return.

I don't use it nearly as much as I used to, but I'll poke around there once in a while to see if any 2.1L diesel parts pop up.  I'll definitely take advantage of this coupon if I find something - thanks!

Is it still valid?  I need a wiring harness too...  And about a million other things.

Edit, $90 in shipping on that harness, neeeevvvvvveeeerrrrrrmind.

I wonder about eBay sometimes though.  It's kinda convenient, but at the same time it isn't because I'm counting on the seller to actually ship promptly and their international shipping warehouse to actually deal with it quickly.  I needed a shifter boot for a NV4500 GMT-400 truck, found one on there for $80 US (junkyard pulled), offered the guy $25, he countered with $70.  Whatever, it's not worth near that, figured maybe he would cave...  Got an email that it sold for $68 US.  WTF?  Who pays that for a junkyard shift boot from a 95ish Chevy truck.

12 minutes ago, terrawombat said:

I used to enjoy being a, eBay seller, but got tired of it after they continued to bump up their fees but offered their users nothing in return.

Truth.  I used to do a lot of selling on eBay until they squashed the little guy.  That was when it was a true auction site.  I still look,  but I haven't

listed anything for sale in years.

Below is a link to one of my listings, I've sold 123 of these. Where else am I going to sell something like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282878308936?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Yesterday I relisted a couple of gun related items, ebay removed them and sent me an email stating that ebay will no longer allow me to list 'evil' gun parts. This came as no surprise as the vast majority of Americans have become feminized. 

Other than that, I have no real complaints. 

I've listed part here that did not sell here but sold on ebay, where else am I going to sell them?

I looked at amazon, you have to jump through hoops to sell 'used' items, ain't fond of supporting Bezos anyway. 

D-Tube is a start-up, to replace Youtube, check them out. Don't like be censored? Don't like being controlled? Don't like fees and costs? Start something new. 

Ebay is great for buyers, not sellers. I just bought a new stalk for my column, $12 to my door, no shipping, no tax. Same with many other small parts. 

Like anything else, shop it, look around.........not everything is for everybody. 

I ordered an air cylinder for the tailgate latch on my Kenworth through eBay yesterday.  I paid full price because I didn't see this post until later in the afternoon.  This is pretty typical in my life.  Always missing out.

6 minutes ago, ride172 said:

I ordered an air cylinder for the tailgate latch on my Kenworth through eBay yesterday.  I payed full price because I didn't see this post until later in the afternoon.  This is pretty typical in my life.  Always missing out.

What did you order? What is this? tailgate latch?

On 3/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, ride172 said:

Thanks for the response. 

I want to design a peekaboo backup light, one that drops and retracts. I've found a linear actuator that will work and I think I've figured out how to reverse polarity from a single signal. I've also considered a pneumatic cylinder, I like the idea of onboard air......however.......

You obviously have a manifold that switches air pressure, push-pull, can you shed some light on that? 

My truck uses solenoids operated by 12v power.  There are two. They are wired to a three pole switch.  It is a really simple setup.

Flip the switch up.  One solenoid opens, letting air into the cylinder, forcing the rod out.   Flip the switch down and the other solenoid opens letting air into the other side of the cylinder, forcing the rod back into cylinder.  

I'm bad at describing things. 

If you were wanting to move a backup light, this might be overkill. It has over 900lbs of draw and thrust but only 6 inches of travel.  A pneumatic cylinder would definitely work though.

Here is a link to a cheap air solenoid.

https://www.ebay.com/i/281757261725?chn=ps&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fi%252F281757261725%253Fchn%253Dps%26itemid%3D281757261725%26targetid%3D412886058163%26device%3Dm%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D1026339%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D1057489367%26adgroupid%3D54502292840%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-412886058163%26abcId%3D1133856%26merchantid%3D111910701%26gclid%3DEAIaIQobChMIqdTq_rvp2QIVQecbCh1gtwDqEAkYAyABEgJOpvD_BwE%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1465617131513

They also make spring return cylinders that only need one solenoid to work because air is only used in one direction if travel.  The spring controls the other direction.