Yard art...... who's got it?

yellaheep

Came across a pair of crusty Model A's someone started to assemble as yard art.....couldn't pass em up, so I finished them and put them in my back yard.  Found a local shop " Bert's Model A Parts"  the owner hooked me up with all the crusty bits they needed to look complete.  I added bumpers, old tires, center caps, a busted temp gauge cap, license plate, horn and a windshield frame.  

And yes..... my wife LOVES them!  She wants to add an old flatbed truck .....

IMG_20171006_175340681_zpseqzyd7he.jpg

IMG_20171007_171801563_zpsujbga0uk.jpg

IMG_20171007_171725131_zpsjcqwlf2q.jpg

IMG_20171007_171841939_zpsjplbvpxe.jpg

Thanks Pete!  MJ's in any yard are to be considered art....... :D

Lights?  Nah, that'd be Christine-creepy in my opinion.  If they were in my front yard, I'd consider making them light up red and prop some Halloween skeletons around them for the holiday.... 

1f9f7f2354126e7c5c28cca26d6ce91b.jpg
Nature is the artist at my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First question -That is in your front yard? Second question- Do you have space for a tent? Third question - do you like to fish? Fourth and most important question- if someone was to squat on your property would you shot them?

First question -That is in your front yard? Second question- Do you have space for a tent? Third question - do you like to fish? Fourth and most important question- if someone was to squat on your property would you shot them?

It’s actually along my driveway but the part in this photo became undriveable just before the Oso slide in WA on 2014 thanks to illegal loggers expanding a legal cut zone after dark, the heaviest rains on record and PUD’s seismic testing with drilled test wells and explosives that likely cracked the “seal” of a historical slide.

End result is I can still access and see the falls but it’s not along my driveway anymore. It’s a local community that’s privately owned and some rent out their land to campers because it can’t be built on since the slide is still considered active.

I don’t eat a lot of fish and the zone by my cabin is considered above a natural fish barrier (3 falls in a row below and another above)

That’s why on the left of the falls is a fish trap where natives were catching spawning fish and taking some upstream and putting others in the fish hatchery.

As for camping at my place without being shot, the MJ growers and Meth cookers are a suspicious lot. We have been trying to get rid of them and it’s a gated community since the bridge was put in because access is by a road through private property with security cameras and a remote controlled gate.

By spring I hope to be well enough to finish hooking up the water, power and septic so I can rent out space for a tiny home. I had someone stay who was supposed to help me in exchange for staying and they decided they wanted to steal it instead by poisoning me and my wife. It’s not their first try at doing this either.

They also used my front yard for a toilet and ruined my cabin and what’s left of my health.

How were you poisoned?  

Detectives are still investigating but it appears to be a chemical or mix, either through the skin or breathed in. An officer who responded to this bunch in another location died from contact with the chemicals plus one of the “suspects” ended up in the hospital by ambulance with a possible heart attack tested positive for the chemicals as well and he has a record for poisoning someone else.

On topic, here’s some of the yard art they left behind that is being hauled away by the county.

7d30a253504df20f6e909337edf1bbf9.jpg

• 5 months later...

Found another to add to the project........ '29 Chevy AC International Sedan.  The front and rear will be used in the project.... separated between the doors.

Super complete and surprisingly rust free save for some pinholes in the driver's door.  Was a Kansas car the seller brought home 10 years ago...... but termites and weather got to the body's wood structure so it's FLIMSY and barely attached to the frame currently.  The doors are wired closed, with a wire spanning between them inside binding the center pillars from bowing outward.  No motor, missing all of the interior except for the roll up rear window blind tubes..... lol.  Getting it home on the trailer was a chore, kept having to pull over and put strap after strap on it to keep the parts together.  I found that the hood latches weren't fastened (covered by tons of leaves and I didn't think to check) and the radiator assembly was just sitting in place, no bolts, likely that way since the engine was harvested.  By the time I got from Pueblo Colorado to home in Littleton, I had 8 straps on the damn thing..... 

Anyhow, the plan is to build a faux-front of a small barn/shed, about 4' deep that has an opening for the rear of the car.  Ya know, something that looks like it was parked and forgotten about in the old building kinda thing. The front will get tucked into the trees, peeking out like the others.... might sell one of the model a's if it gets to looking crowded.

01515_eLaoyY4ieON_1200x900.jpg

00d0d_dktSVUm20YF_1200x900.jpg

00d0d_iTqjmCeEDRA_1200x900.jpg

IMG_20180407_192421533.jpg

7 hours ago, yellaheep said:

00d0d_iTqjmCeEDRA_1200x900.jpg

Anyhow, the plan is to build a faux-front of a small barn/shed, about 4' deep that has an opening for the rear of the car.  Ya know, something that looks like it was parked and forgotten about in the old building kinda thing. The front will get tucked into the trees, peeking out like the others.... might sell one of the model a's if it gets to looking crowded.

Is that the back yard Yella? Sounds like a good plan.  :applause:

On 4/10/2018 at 7:20 AM, Pete M said:

:applause:  is there a section of craigslist dedicated to 90 year old cars?  how do you find these things?  :bowdown:

Patience and creative words as search keys.  Found this one mixed in with rat rod stuff.  I do wish they would add a section for classic / special interest cars, or a way to search a specific group of years, or something like that.  I've done searches where I start with "1910" in the title box and work my way into the 60's/70's depending on my mood.  Do the same in the auto parts section as well.  "rat rod", "ratrod", hot rod", "hotrod", "vintage", "classic", "project"....... all words entered into the Cars for Sale By Owner / Auto Parts sections title box.

I use this same search technique and patience when looking for the "tin" toy cars and trucks I collect.  I stumbled on this very rare and unusual to find in the US, German toy truck made by Gama.  It's the 501 series with clockwork (wind-up) drive, a transmission with fwd/neutral/reverse, a ring and pinion differential and battery operated lights.  These will bring $1800/$2000 in pristine shape.  I value mine at about $1000 as the doors are bent up, it's missing the removable roof, and a battery cradle.  It was missing the wind-up key, but I found that on ebay in Bulgaria....... lol.  Guy had it on Colorado Springs CL for $200 for a month.  I got it for $100.  As I recall, his ad title was simply "German toy truck" under Antiques.

IMG_20180410_101750684%5B1%5D.jpg.262c6720fdfb55c1108ced686903c0a1.jpg

IMG_20180410_101804082%5B1%5D.jpg.0bc0b6505d00a14422e5b002ab1b76dd.jpg

IMG_20180410_101817802.jpg.70233cb45e6308cfed5143d6d68d5906.jpg

IMG_20180410_101835667.jpg.6f7ec4b415397861f427f1d5a31e9476.jpg

•  

On 4/10/2018 at 8:53 AM, HOrnbrod said:

Is that the back yard Yella? Sounds like a good plan.  :applause:

Are the pics of MY backyard?  No, that's where I bought it/how it was before loading it up.

My backyard is the first photos in this thread where you see the Model A fronts.

(I don't know why these pics show up again down here...... I can't seem to delete them either..........)

IMG_20180410_101750684[1].jpg

IMG_20180410_101804082[1].jpg